1. News & Issues

UFOWhat do you believe in? If my memory serves me well, only a few years ago, the percentage of Americans who believed that UFOs are real was about 18%. One out of 5 wasn't bad really, but now the latest polls indicate that as many as 34% say that they think UFOs are real. Quite a jump.

This recent poll also gives us some insight into who believes what in other areas. An interesting fact disclosed was that significant minorities believe in ghosts, UFOs, witches, astrology and in reincarnation. I know that many would relate this to the fact that folklore and superstition are still engrained into them from second and third world countries. My own belief is that many of these folks substitute belief in UFOs, astrology, etc for a belief in God. Don't ever make this mistake! They are not the same. Thank goodness the same polls show that 82% still believe in God. Because of what is happening in our country now, with faith coming under fire everywhere you look, I suppose we would be called the silent majority. Seems like we only hear from the silent 18%.

Comments

December 9, 2007 at 10:08 pm
(1) Dave says:

what aconfused piece of writing, devoid of logic.

most minorities are devout christians.

Rush Limbaugh is that you? Please do us all a favor and shut off your “puter” for good.

September 23, 2008 at 4:41 pm
(2) Alien from Mars says:

UFOS are not real.
Come on people, we would have seen one by now.

April 21, 2009 at 1:00 am
(3) Joshua says:

82% idolators aye? Even when they sleep?

May 22, 2009 at 2:04 pm
(4) BrownBear says:

how could you think that out of the billions upon billions or solar systems out there that earth is the only planet to support life? it also confuses me how so many people can believe in god when there isn’t a shred of evidence when there are numerous pictures of aliens, most may be fake but chances are at least one photo is.

August 1, 2010 at 7:39 am
(5) Simba says:

At one point, 100% of the people around the world believed that the Earth was flat. That must make it true!

November 11, 2010 at 10:10 pm
(6) Gabe Smith says:

The number keeps going up. Someday belief in UFOs will be a majority.

December 19, 2010 at 8:44 am
(7) Dan Sutter says:

I personally think it easily a million times easier to believe in UFO’s as it is to believe in Adam and Eve. I’ve also read that it is around 1 in 4 that believe in ghosts because it is about that number that have had actual encounters with them. I would most likely not either but I did happen to see one and seeing is believing. They look like the typical description so I guess 800 gazillion people describing fairly alike can’t be too wrong!!!

February 13, 2011 at 5:55 pm
(8) Tom says:

Brownbear those pictures of aliens you see are not real no such things as ufo’s. I can’t believe how stupid you are brownbear.

January 11, 2014 at 1:19 am
(9) colton says:

Yes there are aliens but ufos do not exist like that one guy said that billions upon billions of stars you have to be completely ignorant to think that earth is the only planet to support life but I do not believe that these beings travel to earth in ufos or that they crashed at roswell or any of that