1. News & Issues

Not too long ago, I touched on the ongoing investigation into the 1953 incident involving a Scorpion jet piloted by one Felix Moncla. This case is being reviewed extensively by UFO researchers everywhere. The Great Lake Dive Company has allegedly found the missing jet, and a UFO. This, if it pans out, would be one of the greatest discoveries in the field of Ufology in a long, long time. This would be the physical evidence... the smoking gun... if you will. Yet, there is controversy, and until the objects can actually be brought up from the lake, we will not know for certain just what we have.

If the photographs are actually of the missing jet and a UFO, it will prove that on that fateful day in 1953, the Scorpion and the UFO collided, causing both to ditch into the depths of the water below. If you recall, the two radar blips became one, and that fact alone tells us a lot. Don't miss out on this riveting case. Hopefully, this will be resolved next Spring, when the weather is more acceptable for the dive team to continue their quest. Through the efforts of my friend, Dirk at UFO Digest, updates has been coming in on the mystery and controversy behind the Kinross case. Be sure to check out the latest news on The Kinross Controversy

(Image Credit: www.ufodigest.com)

Comments

November 6, 2006 at 10:36 pm
(1) frank says:

That is not the only chase that happened, I found another story of jets chasing UFO’s over the Great Lakes.In fact, if you looked up chases from all over the world, you will be surprised at what you find.Now if there is not UFO’s ask your self..Pray tell…. What are they chasing? Seems like a waste of our goverment taxes and money just going off the wings of the jets for nothing…Lets just hope if it is a UFO…. we don’t tork-um off and start a huge war..Then we will have UFO troubles and I don’t even want to start thinking of what that could be.

November 8, 2006 at 6:28 am
(2) lauren says:

is the picture of a horse shoe im not sure wot it is?!?!?!?
intresting storie

December 9, 2007 at 10:10 pm
(3) J Mahoney says:

As is always the case… we will NEVER hear of any end results… except for the ones that are “slanted”.

July 12, 2008 at 11:45 am
(4) Rich says:

Why is there no / alot less information on the co-pilot and his family? Just curious?! Heres an idea as a goverment lets spend LOADS of money on lots of new cars for one another and forget about the small possibility that one of our air men could still be found and laid to rest as he should be. Is he still missing? Duh can’t remember anyone for more champagne. Just slightly annoyed. Rich in the UK

January 2, 2009 at 6:57 am
(5) Dmitri says:

January 2, 2009 at 6:57 am
(6) Dmitri says:

Why is it that u only here of aliens landing or spotted in USA. I find that very strange

January 23, 2009 at 2:03 am
(7) kath says:

I think there are other sightings from other part of the world. It’s either the country/place is just too small for a world wide media coverage or it wasn’t covered by media at all. As one would probably noticed some of these sightings came from countries that are withing the same status bracket.

February 19, 2009 at 2:53 am
(8) Paul Gutches says:

Ummm.. wait a second. Are you saying that an independent private dive team is going to try to recover these objects without military involvement? I would think that the military would be all over this with or without the UFO. Add in a UFO, and I would think it would have been recovered a long time ago. Something doesn’t make sense here.

March 20, 2009 at 8:50 am
(9) lee says:

i agree with paul, if the jet crashed down, y wouldn,t the military have all ready recovered it ? ? pretty weak if they havent !.

March 20, 2009 at 8:53 am
(10) lee says:

i agree with paul, it that jet did crash down , y on earth didnt they recover it ages ago ???. pretty sad if it did and they havent ?.

November 28, 2011 at 3:53 pm
(11) Gord says:

The whole story of the discovery was shown to be a hoax a couple of months after a hoax AP release was first sent to a UFO organization. There was no such dive company and the identity of the hoaxer is still unknown.

However, if the F-89 did crash into Lake Superior (rather than being taken by an alien spaceship) it would very likely be possible to locate the wreckage using sidescan sonar, since the geographic coordinates where the plane disappeared are listed several places in the USAF Accident Report.

December 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm
(12) 4Truth&Justice says:

Hmm, a friend and I actually drove to HIllsdale MI after seeing the TV news reports about the UFO / “swamp gas” incident there – that was March 1966. I remember we stopped to get directions to the sighting area at the Hillsdale police station. The cop at the desk was nonchalant about it, he gave us directions and I followed those to a swampy area just outside of town. We parked with lights off and sat for about an hour w/o seeing anything but ground fog (but the moon was out – giving the scene an eerie glow). Having seen the area for myself , I can’t criticize Dr. Hynek for mentioning “swamp gas” in connection with the actual sightings (there were several over a few days, not just one).

I’ve also seen two “UFOs” myself – both times in the company of others with whom I had confirming conversations. One happened in Jan. 1965 , a year before the Hillsdale flap and the other (way later) in the summer of 1995. I can say that news reports are not reliably accurate and neither can the military be counted on to take a comprehensive approach. UFO sighting are not treated as scientific observations – they’re used to entertain and titillate the reading public. So long as that’s true, we’ll never come to any definitive conclusions about UFOs.