1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

More Photographs of the Strange Craft

By June 11, 2007

Strange Craft SaratogaFor those of you who have been following the "strange craft" photographs, get ready to be surprised once again. Just when the topic was cooling down a bit, yet another set of photographs was published. This time, the strange flying object was sighted and caught on camera by a man on a photographic project in the Big Basin in California. This marks the third set from that state, with one location still not revealed, though most researchers believe it was also from California.

The latest set of three photographs was sent to the UFO Casebook exclusively by a member of a list serve group from Saratoga, California. One of the photographs was very blurred, but the other two are very good, clear photographs. According to the photographer Steven, he was photographing something at a small scale against a large scale backdrop to contrast scales and to play with depth of field, when he looked up and saw the object in question spinning as it moved. He was able to take the three photos, but when he looked up again, the object was simply not there anymore. He was shaken by the event. To see all three photographs in their original form, check out More Photographs of the Strange Craft.

(Image copyright Stephen)

Comments

June 11, 2007 at 11:10 am
(1) gary says:

has any of these people phoned the police and made police reports or contacted the local news. one would think that with all these pictures of “proof” of a peculiar flying object someone would have. of all the people who contacted you billy about this strange craft why in their statements none of them have said that they did contact authorities, is it possible they are as stupid as these photographs. why billy why?

June 11, 2007 at 11:44 am
(2) Jay says:

These “strange craft” updates to your column are killing me!!… I know the UFO news is slow right now, but for the love of God please make it stop!

June 11, 2007 at 3:24 pm
(3) fra says:

so interesting about it! but I also think that thing: if a see something like that, the firts thing I do is calling the police, the local news, the national security, to give the proof I’m honest and i want the world to know what I’ve seen: it may be aliens wants to invade earth, I must tell to every one in the world they’re there! or not? for me in someone say he has seen something but doesn’t tell to the autorities, there is something wrong! what do you think about billy? you have more experience than me so I’m very interested in your opinion!

June 11, 2007 at 6:29 pm
(4) Linda says:

If this is not something that is faked, I am going to guess that it may be an experiemental craft that is being developed and tested. Again, if it is not faked, there have been too many sightings of something that looks like the object shown in the photos. And I hope that Steve does contact the authorities. I agree with the other posters here.

June 11, 2007 at 10:02 pm
(5) Jorge says:

I agree with the other posters about calling the police and making a report if its a real craft. If its fake you got mad skills using 3D software. Lets see if any more of thoes things swing by (have the camara ready :) good luck.

June 11, 2007 at 10:32 pm
(6) Carol says:

Not much impressed by the “different” sitings of the same basic object. People do have friends and acquaintances after all. I must echo the general concern: Why the secrecy? Why the unwillingness to reveal the site, call the authorities, the papers, whatever? There’s something a wee bit odd and out of character here. . .

June 12, 2007 at 1:47 am
(7) Nancy says:

Looks like one of the government’s prototypes. They have about 5 of them, all different shapes. They are testing out the magnetic fields and trying to use reverse gravity to fly the machine, that is why it is jerky. Calling the police doesn’t matter. The police were probably already alerted. You can check the police blotter in the surrounding areas to find out who else called. If you know one personally, ask them if they were previously notify experimental craft would be flying in the area. More than likely the government did not let the police know what kind of experimental craft. So when people call in about UFO’s, the police laugh. Most of these craft’s being photograph are government craft, they just don’t know how to operate them correctly and are trying to learn how to reverse engineer them for the technology. Sometimes they buld their own machines after a wreckage or capture of an alien craft. So when you photograph, do a geological survey of the area, it should be interesting what you find.

June 12, 2007 at 1:57 am
(8) Nancy says:

Oh yeah, the comment about Aliens wanting to invade. That is laughable. They think we are too dumb of a species to want to invade. If that is what they want they could have done that millions of years ago. In some cases we are like a large zoo to them. We are so far behind in technology, we have nothing to offer them. Also, we are polluters of our earth, so there is nothing here to want. They do not want us on their planet because we are too violent of a species with each other. We destroy the air we breathe and the planet we live on. They come to observed and leave. You think they want to stay here, give me a break. Look around you and tell me what you see about humans. We use fossil fuels to fuel our travel machines that poison our air and planet. How dumb of us. They do not use fossil fuels, they use magnetics to fly. Most of the time the UFO’s use their stealth technology. So they are around and we still do not see them. Using infrared most of the time, will pick up some of them in stealth mode. They are around most of the time for observing. They get disgusted then leave. If you see them during the day with a regular camera, you can be assured, it is government or a private individual’s craft.

June 12, 2007 at 5:55 am
(9) fra says:

answer to nancy:
the thing about invading earth was just an example of a reason to call the police! I don’t say that!
but you are so full of certainties.. you know all about them! you also know that the government has 5 prototypes… 5… i just want to tell you one thing… if you know something, ALWAYS SUPPLY THE SOURCES, for your credibility

June 12, 2007 at 3:00 pm
(10) Nick says:

Just out of curiosity, it seems as if the camera is still held at flower level. Why did the camerman not stand up to get a better field of view? Unless these flowers are the height of a person, I couldn’t imagine I would see something out of this world and not stand up to get the flowers out of view to prevent the risk of the camera going out of focus. Just a thought.

June 13, 2007 at 3:55 am
(11) Kerry says:

Well I wish it would come over here to the UK so I could take some video footage. I would definately take it to the press for sure. This UFO unlike any other gives me goosepimples. It also scares me a little. I hope it’s not man again messing around trying to fool us.

June 18, 2007 at 2:27 pm
(12) Kenneth G. Houdek says:

My first vibes on this picture is that it’s some sort of time travel/dimension travel craft of some sort.They’re here to scout the area for something interesting as we would do.

June 18, 2007 at 4:24 pm
(13) anthony says:

come on people if the govermemt had all these super advanced aircraft the war in iraq would be over a long time ago no we don,t have nothing like this if it,s real and there hostile where in a world of geting our ass kicked trouble i do wish the gov would step up and let us know something i saw a ufo once while fixing my car it scared the crap out of me it made 0 noise and i got an funny feeling so there out there i just don,t think there ours or the earth by and we can hardly get into space safely the space shuttle come on and we suppose to have stuff like this ??

June 18, 2007 at 8:17 pm
(14) Rich the Cougar says:

Still looks computer generated to me!

These guys need to get out more! and investigate the REAL issues surrounding aliens, UFO’s, secret bases, and the conspiracies surrounding them.

June 19, 2007 at 8:57 pm
(15) Tony says:

This guy is not intersted in UFOs. He is interested in an ego trip. He wants his group to see how brilliant he is with computer graphics. I am reticent to tell anyone of my serious interest in UFOs, and this is why, because guys like this make us all look like gullible fools, and I am sorry to say that many of us are just that.

June 26, 2007 at 2:56 am
(16) Christopher says:

I beginning to believe that is some 12 year old kid’s science project.

November 16, 2007 at 4:27 pm
(17) Tonkatsu says:

Report to what authority after vanishing in seconds? Under the circumstance of how this happened, can’t you see it’s not possible to “report” to the authority? With the taken photos, if they guy goes to a police station, he’ll be laughte at, and that’ll be the end of it. What is the authority going to do about it?

September 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm
(18) Cara says:

This cannot be alien technology; it looks ridiculous! It must be us humans trying to imitate something much more sophisticated. It’s ours, no doubt! The question is…why did they allow people to see it! By accident??