1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

Alien at the Arctic Circle

By November 19, 2007

Arctic AlienOn 03-28-06, I received a photograph from a reader on another web site. The 2005 photograph purportedly shows an alien being partially hidden in some brush. I enlarged the area in question, and enhanced the area which revealed in fairly good detail what does appear to be that of a being certainly not of human origin. Along with the photo, which is a really nice one I must say, a few details were given.

The two people who sent the photo, made the following statement:

We didn’t really take the picture for the alien, we realized afterwards that it was there. We were over the Arctic Circle, and we were alone, no one within 50 kilometers. We were traveling in a snowmobile. What you see as the main subject of the photograph is an iced-over river.

I don’t really have much more on that day. I can say that it was a snowmobile ride with some friends, we were 200 km up to north circle, between Sverige and Norway, the nearest city was Kiruna. The photo was taken with a Nikon 5400 with no zoom and it was around midday, of the 20th of December 2005. Nothing strange happened, it was -20°C, and silence all around with some wild animals. That's all, we realized there was something showing in the photos some months later when a friend of ours kept saying there was something strange in that brush.

Comments

November 19, 2007 at 4:34 am
(1) yo yo says:

it is a alien

November 19, 2007 at 8:33 am
(2) roxanne says:

How can i be convinced that these things are true?

November 19, 2007 at 8:34 am
(3) kakspat says:

moenie kak praatie hoor.. wys lat ek sien of die vareid is.. want die blerrie internet likes kak praat.

November 19, 2007 at 1:53 pm
(4) corwin155 says:

looks fake cause you can see the snow right threw its eyes

November 19, 2007 at 3:39 pm
(5) pete says:

-20 and no clothes for the alien?

November 20, 2007 at 2:46 am
(6) Chris says:

I can also see the snow threw its eyes
it’s a fake!

November 20, 2007 at 4:34 am
(7) Slaptril says:

Sien jy hulle praat strond.. die goed OOOHH HA AH

November 20, 2007 at 4:54 am
(8) Rene says:

I love Alvin.. lokl

November 20, 2007 at 5:44 am
(9) Voluptious says:

dit lyk soos dai slams in die Atlone. oh dis my man gamat .. hai hyt ko visit ..

November 20, 2007 at 5:34 pm
(10) Sam says:

“I can also see the snow threw its eyes
it’s a fake!”

The word is spelled “through”, not “threw”, which means that you discarded something.

I think what you’re seeing is a reflection of light, not light coming “through” his eyes. You’d have more credibility if you could spell correctly.

November 21, 2007 at 9:08 pm
(11) Russo says:

You have to be brain dead to believe that this picture is for real.This is the most phoniest and worst fake I’ve seen of ufo pictures in quite some time. To the photographer who took the picture;this is a good example of what pot does to your brain.

November 22, 2007 at 2:34 pm
(12) John Borowski says:

Unless it is a partial picture, I can’t see why they would bother to take a picture of a tree and some bushes. Once you see one tree or bush you have seen them all.

November 26, 2007 at 12:00 pm
(13) Danny says:

he looks like a skeleton

November 26, 2007 at 6:02 pm
(14) L. Roly says:

I hate seeing stuff like this on this site, in this newsletter. I try to take the subject of UFO’s seriously because it is difficult to simply brush aside so many strange stories by seemingly sane and reasonable people…but a story like this one is so “mickeymouse” that it discourages my imagination and certainly blunts my belief in such matters. This makes no sense at all. Just adds to the fuzz associated with ufology. What I wouldn’t give to read something true, documented by good photos. No matter how hard I try to hope some of this stuff becomes genuine, fundamentally and ultimately it all comes out as fuzz. Is there noone out there with a true story?

November 26, 2007 at 10:26 pm
(15) Frank says:

I’m always surprised and most impressed by the sheer number of obviously expert photo analysts that frequent this site– they have a never-miss keen eye for fake pictures– whether or not they can spell, use appropriate grammar, or confuse their homonyms. And the crem de la crem of the entire comment experience is the insults and name-calling directed at those who might be foolish enough to possibly deign such photos as being worth at least a moment’s contemplation. We are so blessed!

November 27, 2007 at 2:15 am
(16) Molly Knott says:

Looks like a ghost !

November 27, 2007 at 1:01 pm
(17) Sam B says:

Note: I am not the same person as “Sam” who posted on this a bit earlier on.

My impression is that this picture was taken downhill towards a stream. Note that the tree trunk left of center extends below the bottom edge of the picture. The slope, to my eye, appears to manifest itself from the base of that tree trunk, upwards toward the right of the picture.

The figure in the picture appears to be situated so that its feet do not actually touch what I assume to be the sloping ground. It looks to me as though the figure has its left foot in some undergrowth, and its right one just touching the tips of that undergrowth. This suggests to me an elevated location for the figure.

I certainly will not say that the purported alien could not be floating above the undergrowth – in fact, there are many reports of aliens moving around without touching the ground. It’s possible that the figure is standing on a small promontory that cannot quite be made out.

All of the above is said based on the assumption that this photo is not a product of someone’s Photoshop skills. I think that this photo would be a good subject for a thorough analysis by credible photographic experts. As it stands now, the most that can be said definitively is that the photo appears to show a somewhat skeletal figure partially obscured by undergrowth.

November 27, 2007 at 2:07 pm
(18) nancy says:

The putatuve tree to the left of the photo center seems far too symmetrical to be a tree. Is it a pole of some kine? Utility pole? Wht might seem to be a branch is odd. The other black places which may have been seen as branches seem to me to be unattached to the pole and instead behind the pole, perhaps parts of the riverbank. The eyes seem glowing to me, not merely seeing the snow behind the figure. As far as the figure being unclothed, surely something that had the technology to travel great distances in one lifetime, also has access to technology to keep warm by other methods than conventional clothing. In addition, who’s to say minua 20 C isnt cold to this particular being. . . Very interesting photo to have invoked so many comments! Thanks for sharing.

November 27, 2007 at 2:25 pm
(19) hazel smale says:

Its not large enough to tell!

November 27, 2007 at 7:16 pm
(20) Scott says:

word of the day:
gullible – a person who believes there is a real alien in this pic

November 27, 2007 at 11:54 pm
(21) Sly says:

So what was the photographer taking pictures of and why is this “Alien” centered in the frame almost perfectly. I would love to believe that this picture is authentic but common sense prevents this.

November 28, 2007 at 2:25 pm
(22) CheriLynn says:

dang that is an ALIEN!!!!!!

November 28, 2007 at 10:20 pm
(23) william longfellow says:

arctic circle alien,03-28-06,photo..I’ve seen this photo before,about 20yrs ago it was in a book about ufo sightings and along with other photos you aere asked if you could tell by the photos if the pic was real or not.in this photo the he back ground is lacking and the tree branches are not showing any depth of branches. The alien shows signs of half real,the shape of the face.eyes,length of arms and legs,and the one part of the shape of the rib cages where the light shaines.Something about it tells me that it’s not real.

November 28, 2007 at 10:22 pm
(24) william longfellow says:

I remember encouters of the third kind,a movie pic.

November 29, 2007 at 7:29 am
(25) Tim says:

Like so much else in this field, it doesn’t seem compelling but possible. This sort of claim is not new. Remember the photo in Sanderson’s book, with the alleged alien, again supposedly not noticed at the time, in the background?

November 29, 2007 at 9:07 am
(26) Sam B says:

Tim, is the photograph you mention the one with the little girl in the foreground and what looks like a Ken doll wrapped in aluminum foil in the background? I saw that one many years ago, and even back then I though it was a real stretch to believe that the photographer didn’t see the “alien” until the picture was developed.

November 29, 2007 at 4:14 pm
(27) Greg says:

Hello
People Take a closer look at this picture the one from the artic,whatever that is hanging from the branch is a deception,HOWEVER look closely at the left foot,see the head? now crop that section with your picture software I see
three aliens looking. What do you see? These little things are what I have encountered in 2000 in Portland, Oregon. Commements

November 30, 2007 at 12:49 pm
(28) Luis Arredondo says:

By the way if this pic is real it is bad ass. I think there is such thing as ufos there’s been thousands of reports of these mysterous creatures all over the world so are you gonna call every one of these people psychopathic liars hell naw son.As far as we know the govenrment hides alot from us for keeping us from going crazy i dunno. Ido believe that there already here hididng in sky and underwater als known as uso’s

November 30, 2007 at 8:47 pm
(29) The Flying Fisherman says:

It would be nice to have a picture with more detail. The man said he was taking a picture of the frozen river and the ‘alien’ was seen later. It does happen that real aliens can cause people not to see them. But things they don’t want you to see can be recovered by hypnosis and seen in photos. The eyes show some shape especially in the right eye. I know for a fact that although alien eyes are mostly black they do reflect light. At least the one I got a close look at did. Is it real? That is the problem with a photo or video they for the most part do not really prove anything. I wonder if anyone noticed the figure in the lower left corner. Looks like a person or robot. I am not betting on big foot.

December 9, 2007 at 12:14 am
(30) sanyukta says:

this is a perfect fake!!!i can see snow through the eyes and after that once i found this photo in googlewhen i typed “alien sightings”so i am sure this pic is of google not of any guy who was enjoying in arctic circle.

December 11, 2007 at 11:58 pm
(31) Ron says:

I agree with Russo’s comments about the alien picture.I disagree about the pot part.I think potheads would never stage this cartoon act and try to convince us Supernatural/UFO believers that this photograph is real…”see what greed and wanna be famous does to your brain”

November 5, 2008 at 4:35 pm
(32) ciara says:

I LIKE YOUR BLOGS BUT I THINK YOU NEED MORE PICTURES & NOT SO MUTCH WORDS.IT’S GOOD THE WAY IT IS BUT IF A KID LIKE ME GOSE AROUND LOOKING FOR PICTURES OF REAL THINGS INVOLVED WITH ALIENS THEY WON’T BE UP ALL NIGHT.SO NOW YOU HAVE A LITTLE FAVER TO DO FOR A LITTLE GIRL BECAUSE IT (1)WILL HELP A LITTLE GIRL &(2)IT WILL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW WOT AN ALIEN LOOKES LIKE AND ALSO A LOT ABOUT THEM.

September 16, 2009 at 7:17 pm
(33) David M. says:

I tried to refrain from posting on this topic because the alien and photo looks unspectacular to me, in comparison to others I have seen. But as I read through the comments I couldn’t help but notice the “skeptic’s” behaviour. “Skeptics”, quoted here because a true skeptic will look at evidence and scrutinize it with an unbiased eye. A practise that is foreign to those we know as “skeptics” now. Anyway a few of these “skeptics” have pointed out that the alien in the photo is suspiciously centered and not near something that would be naturally photographed. If they had bothered to read the article next to the picture they would know that the author had,

“enlarged the area in question, and enhanced the area”

So I thought I would clear that up, and also point out how quickly the rational and intellectually superior skeptics abandon their science, for name-calling and mockery. Taking the scientific approach of a three-year old, “You have to be brain dead to believe that this picture is for real.”

Some advice to skeptics, if you want to have a rational conversation about the authenticity of this picture please try to put forward some actual evidence. Also, just because the eyes are the same colour as the snow doesn’t mean you can see through them, it’s an optical illusion. It’s common sense that if someone was going to fake a picture of an alien, adding a lot of detail to the body and head, they would not make it with holes where the eyes and mouth should be.

June 5, 2011 at 3:02 pm
(34) ssty says:

the man on the top left definenately looks nonhuman

March 4, 2012 at 12:29 am
(35) Wendy says:

Arctic Circle? I live in Alaska and the further up to the Circle you are the flatter the ground and the shorter the growing season. No trees. Sorry, it’s fake.