1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

UFOs on the Tube

By February 4, 2008

Those of you who like a good UFO show on the tube, will want to check out some of the upcoming episodes of the History Channel's "UFO Hunters." I received mail recently that informed me of one episode that deals with a UFO Crash in Mexico. I was fortunate enough to contribute to a book on the subject, and know the two men who are involved in the show. I know that you will enjoy it.

I also had a phone call from James Carrion, International Director of MUFON, who told me of their ongoing investigation of the Strange Craft of 2007. As you might recall, the clear photographs of unusual looking flying machines have created quite a stir in the UFO community, and opinion is pretty well divided on what they are. They are hopeful this investigation may also lead to an episode on the History Channel series. I will try to keep us all informed on the progress of the show. The series is ongoing.

Comments

February 4, 2008 at 1:48 pm
(1) Kevin says:

Billy, I thought that the director of MUFON went on record as saying this craft was a hoax created by 3D rendering software? I received the release in a Power Point presentation from someone, the organizations name escapes me right now. What has your investigations turned up on MUFON’s position? Is this a political stance they are taking? Or are these very similar craft pics a hoax?

February 4, 2008 at 8:39 pm
(2) Svengoolie says:

Know what’s messed up? There’s a new show on Sci Fi with the exact name, that started on the same night, and airs in the same timeslot. The first episode of the History show was a real bore, so this week I’m planning on checking out Sci Fi’s take on it.

February 5, 2008 at 12:15 am
(3) Mark E. says:

I was also very excited about this new show but thought it was a bit of a letdown. Hopefully future episodes are better.

February 5, 2008 at 4:36 am
(4) Charles Lynn Grubbs Jr. says:

Hey, I’m not knocking anything that they put on TV, I find it very interesting and I’m glad to see two new shows on the subject matter! It’s great there is enough of a buzz to have two new UFO shows on air!! Also they play them at different time too, so you can catch both shows the same night. Its good to see, so my thanks to the History Channel and the Sci Fi Channel for their great efforts!

February 5, 2008 at 9:45 am
(5) Chance Metz says:

How true and I wish I had cable at home but I don’t.

February 5, 2008 at 12:46 pm
(6) zaynah says:

i think you guys are great! but let the world know if you found a ufo. we need to be aware of things to,please tell us, tell us what you have seen.i am waiting. waiting for the world to know… there is more out there. you are a very brave man i am glad we people have hunters as you. thank you for all your work. remember keep us apdated!!!!

February 5, 2008 at 9:43 pm
(7) Casey says:

There was a video shown of somebody flying a remote control version of this in a parking lot. It was about 6 feet in length and identical to this craft.

February 8, 2008 at 9:32 am
(8) Chance Metz says:

Hoaxters have no place in the ufo pheneomon.

February 10, 2008 at 11:14 am
(9) TomCole says:

So what’s the story with the History Channel and Scifi Channel both having UFO Hunter shows on and at the same time??

February 10, 2008 at 6:28 pm
(10) Chance metz says:

Maybe they both knew of each others plans and ran tow shows o nthe same thing?

February 11, 2008 at 10:10 pm
(11) Frank says:

RE History Channel’s new series, “UFO Hunter.” The first episode was- to say it kindly- boring, and the second a near-total waste of time. An hour-long program was devoted to looking for a downed small aircraft under water, that MAY have had a mid-air impact with a UFO. It continued with repeated suggestions that a major discovery was just moments away– stay tuned! As the program progressed, we learned that they had found other hulks, and we learned a good deal about the challenges of conducting under-water searches. But finally, we learn that they cannot find the plane they sought, so what do they do? They conclude by inferring that the “missing” plane may well have been taken (as in, “someone doesn’t want us to know about this!”) And this must certainly be the case, because they couldn’t find it! This, complemented by near-eerie music and on-going dialog suggesting conspiracies, etc., does not a good series make, and I sent them an e-mail to that effect. There are simply far too many really promising and interestng instances of UFO sightings of substance to be investigated to waste air time on such drivel. Consider the reports reflected here in the Southwest US, and in Central and South America, just for starters.

Hopefully, the producers will wake up and smell the coffee– and that process could well be expedited by readers who agree to take just a moment to communicate their frustration to the folks at History Channel, as well. As for me, if this so-called series does not improve soon, I will seek better fare (and so will others, I predict, to the detriment of not just the History Channel, but also the UFO community at large.)

February 12, 2008 at 11:31 pm
(12) UFOGRE says:

^^^ THAT IS ONE LONG WINDED DUDE ^^^

February 14, 2008 at 8:41 am
(13) Chance Metz says:

Sounds to me like a poorly made series on a very interesting topic.