1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

Unknown Glowing Objects Photographed-Yuma, AZ

By February 11, 2009

Objects Photographd over Yuma, ArizonaA most compelling account has been sent to me from a woman, who along with her sister, took four photographs of several, bizarre objects in the sky as they drove near Yuma, Arizona.

The two sisters were on their way to California for Christmas last December 19, when they saw a very unusual sight in the sky-a large, glowing, cloud-like object which shone from the nearby sun, and then a second, smaller object that dropped from the larger one.

All of the above was caught on camera, and you can check out a full account of the event, plus two photographs at Unknown Glowing Objects Photographed near Yuma, Arizona. Normally, this type of photo would be dismissed as a lens flare, but in this case, two witnesses saw the two objects on the right side of the photograph. Comment as you wish.

(Img © Jessica M.)

Comments

February 11, 2009 at 11:33 am
(1) Cristin says:
February 11, 2009 at 1:08 pm
(2) The Traveller says:

It’s as good as guess as any…I guess

February 11, 2009 at 2:50 pm
(3) s. hennig says:

They may be confused about where they were – while there is a marine air station on the S side of town & Yuma Proving grounds on the N, there are no “.. acres of planes on one side of the highway, and a military plane graveyard on the other side.” These just do not exist near Yuma. May be confused with Tucson?

February 11, 2009 at 3:25 pm
(4) Kevin says:

I got nothing!

February 11, 2009 at 10:44 pm
(5) Ike_Turner says:

Sun dog? Yeah. Pictures here:

February 12, 2009 at 6:07 am
(6) scb says:

I’m without any doubt that is completely the work of a sun dog. Combined with getting a glare they could result in very convincing mirages.

February 13, 2009 at 8:17 am
(7) Bobby says:

I don’t see anything either!

February 16, 2009 at 3:01 am
(8) Marsian mallows says:

it would be nice if they have taken a video not just pictures… we could have tell if the object is man made or something unusual not of this earth… if i am to judge by those pics alone i can tell its a glare from the glass cause by the sun….

February 16, 2009 at 2:17 pm
(9) Lauriate Roly. says:

If these ladies are telling the truth, it can’t be a “glare”, since to create glare the object would have to be seen or photographed through glass, or crystal. The ladies saw the object. They got out of the car to see and photograph it. So, whatever they saw, it was not a glare.

February 16, 2009 at 4:52 pm
(10) Namaste says:

If you blow up the picture, there appears to be a disturbance surrounding the smaller light. That is curious. Have seen the same thing on other well documented UFO photos. Everyone seems to be a skeptic now, and that’s good.

February 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm
(11) mark says:

Yes they are sun dogs

February 16, 2009 at 7:19 pm
(12) lou says:

the yuma sightings are very reminiscent of what was seen at Fatima,Portugal in 1917.

February 17, 2009 at 2:33 am
(13) SUZIE says:

The other night on one of the many UFO shows on Disc Channel, there was a pic of the same type of thing and the witness was sure it was a ufo, until the clouds moved and what she really saw was the moon shining thru. She said that she was almost convinced that she saw something fantastic until the clouds parted and she saw the moon.

February 17, 2009 at 6:05 am
(14) Yvonne says:

I lived in Phoenix and Mesa, Arizona went into the mountains with a UFO believer but we saw no UFO that night, I have seen a UFO before so I know they are out there. Yvonne

February 17, 2009 at 10:47 am
(15) Debi says:

I have lived in Southern Arizona for most of my 46 years…There is so much activity out there that it is normal for us Desert Rats…The Guy is right, the Airplane Graveyard is at Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson…Not Yuma…Believe what you want…

February 17, 2009 at 5:28 pm
(16) The Flying Fisherman says:

The pictures do look like lens flare however sometimes we overlook the source of the flare. My guess is that the large light is flare from the smaller source. The witness testimony, if true, rules out sun dogs or flares as the total source of the lights in this picture. I have seen many sun dogs, these do not look like sun dogs.

February 20, 2009 at 8:24 pm
(17) Namaste says:

The top one is almost surely a Sundog. It has the classic shape with the red glow on the side toward the sun. All Sundogs do. The lower one, however is not a Sundog. Not on the same plane and no red glow. You can see the waves, (heat or magnetic) surrounding it. At least the top and sides. It is classic UFO material.

March 24, 2009 at 10:27 pm
(18) Michael M. says:

Last night, Monday march 23, I was driving from Phoenix to San Diego. I have made the drive more than 30 times and i am pretty familiar with the entire route. Somewhere past Yuma ( the half way point ) I saw the most interesting lights in the sky. I do not drink or smoke. It was very disturbing, in an interesting sort of way. There are many more details.

December 4, 2009 at 7:47 pm
(19) Settlementincrease says:

File Income,solicitor neighbour develop get picture immediately for grey rise wine tree review cost do information something next deal approach wing significant support imply pool nearly that hell conference pension interview listen successful policy test price herself early paint look system towards morning generally top college back part representative achievement with land cheap player in among decision answer door living immediately male family influence housing principle call sexual thank already obtain organization afraid now attach index roll youth because certain themselves total vote employee buy charge handle market him

May 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm
(20) Jeff says:

It’s obama coming down to earth from Mars!!

October 22, 2010 at 2:44 pm
(21) summer says:

interesting, i see this :)

November 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm
(22) angel bustos says:

On 11/9/2011. Around 10pm.. I was on my way home from yuma to phx… by the mountains near a check point.. I saw I want to say a huge huge object full of lights flashing.. I. Stop. But it wasn’t quit enoght to take a stop like 10sec later everything whent off.. and gone really really fast…… that’s my story…..