1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

Anomalous Lights Filmed over El Cajon, California

By March 3, 2009

El Cajon Lights Residents of El Cajon, California, were reporting strange, anomalous lights over their city at about 1:20 AM, this morning, (03-03-09). There were multiple witnesses to the lights, and several photos and videos were taken.

Strangely, there was a failed missle launch from Vandenburg AFB, but this did not occur until 2:00 AM, according to NASA-a full 40 minutes after the lights were sighted.

Check out the whole story, and watch video of the lights at CBS 8, Lights over El Cajon.

What do you think the lights were?

Comments

March 3, 2009 at 1:43 pm
(1) The Traveller says:

For what it’s worth, I think that these red lights have nothing whatsoever to do with the failed rocket launch. As you rightly pointed out Billy these lights in the sky were observed by witnesses a good 40 minutes before that rocket was even launched !!!

They were, according to the MUFON guy, slow moving and I agree with him that they were PROBABLY Chinese lanterns.

These Lanterns come in a variety of different colours though orange & white are the most popular with folks because they are (apparently) the brightest.

Looking at the pictures and the video I don’t think that we are dealing with a craft of some sort….more’s the pity.

The makers of these darned lanterns have a lot to answer for…and I’d like to see them banned.

That isn’t going to happen, of course, so I guess we’ll just have to put up with more sightings like this until the whole CL craze dies away.

Talking about crazes, where the heck did I put my hoola-hoop ????

March 5, 2009 at 9:26 am
(2) maxim says:

they are UFOs for sure

March 5, 2009 at 12:45 pm
(3) Bobby says:

I have a problem believing that they are balloons.

March 5, 2009 at 4:31 pm
(4) adnjsfnkej says:

this suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssAnomalous Lights Filmed over El Cajon, California
Tuesday March 3, 2009

What do you think the lights were?

Comments (3)See All Posts
PrevNextLeave a CommentComments
March 3, 2009 at 1:43 pm(1) The Traveller says:
For what itís worth, I think that these red lights have nothing whatsoever to do with the failed rocket launch. As you rightly pointed out Billy these lights in the sky were observed by witnesses a good 40 minutes before that rocket was even launched !!!

Looking at the pictures and the video I donít think that we are dealing with a craft of some sortÖ.moreís the pity.

The makers of these darned lanterns have a lot to answer forÖand Iíd like to see them banned.

That isnít going to happen, of course, so I guess weíll just have to put up with more sightings like this until the whole CL craze dies away.

Talking about crazes, where the heck did I put my hoola-hoop ????

March 5, 2009 at 9:26 am(2) maxim says:
they are UFOs for sure

March 5, 2009 at 12:45 pm(3) Bobby says:
I have a problem believing that they are balloons.

Name Email (never displayed) URL Your Comment this sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: , , ,
Say It! Advertisement

Discuss
Recent CommentsBlue Beam in Indianapolis, Indiana
History Channel Presents: NOSTRADAMUS: 2012
Canada Joins UFO Disclosure
Community ForumNew posts to the UFOs/Aliens forums:
russian crash
The nazi conspiracy
Fighting the New World Order
Explore UFOs sssssss

March 6, 2009 at 2:42 am
(5) Alchemystic 11:11 says:

Check this one out! Brand spanking new!

March 11, 2009 at 2:45 am
(6) Charles Lynn Grubbs says:

They look like 3 large triangle craft to me, the Traveler is very clueless but says it in a nice way…first off their way to big to be the Chinese Lantern’s, notice how large they are in the one picture…plus CL’s are all over the place and have been proved many times in other UFO sightings to just not be an accurate representation of what is in the sky…CL’s are right there with Flares and it was the Military that planted this info into the public with some guy getting paid to admit he launched some CL’s to influence the weak minds of some of our public population…the Military has been putting false info out there for decades and they just keep getting better at it, like having some Joe Blow admit for a grand he launched CL’s and those weren’t even UFO’s, so there’s your misguided leak/info, kinda like that stupid weather balloon idea, Get Real!!

March 11, 2009 at 5:05 am
(7) The Traveller says:

mmmm. Clueless eh?

Has Mr Grubbs seen the ORIGINAL video footage…or any of the ORIGINAL photographs of these strange lights?

If the answer is “no”…as I suspect it is…how can he possibly know for certain that the video footage and/or the photographs haven’t been enhanced or doctored in any way?

Using digital cameras (where there isn’t any negative to examine) and using software programmes like “Photo=Shop” it’s child’s play to distort photographic images and the only limit to the distortion is your own imagination.

Using a digital camera and any good PM software, I could create in minutes a very believable picture of a UFO. All I would have to do is take a picture of Venus in the twilight sky and then blow it up to the size of a baseball. If I then posted that enhanced image on the web and claimed that it was a UFO…you’d have one heck of a job trying to prove it was a hoax.

You are really gullible Mr Gribbs if you think that, in this day and age, the camera never lies and that’s why I found your comment (and I quote) that:

“…first off their way to big to be the Chinese Lanternís, notice how large they are in the one picture…”

absolutely hysterical !!!!

December 6, 2011 at 11:25 pm
(8) El Cajon Resident says:

I’m not looking at any photos…I’m looking at freaky lights in the sky over my town. It’s now 8:26 pm December 6th, 2011 and they are still there.
They are not CL’s … they move rapidly, then align up, then calm down…then start up again. Very weird and mesmerizing.
I sure would like to hear a rational explanation as to what they are…

December 7, 2011 at 4:54 pm
(9) gerardo guerrero says:

i saw them at 11pm last night and around the same time the night before…they got really close to the ground to where i could see them close up them went back up into the sky right away….they almost looked like lights hanging from ballons! i got pics of them!