1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

A Photo of an Extraterrestrial?

By February 22, 2010

Sometimes, it seems like we are getting farther and farther away from a serious look at UFOs. If you have not already seen what is reported to be the "First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestial"," you have to take a look.

Sure, I know that there are a number of alleged photographs of alien beings, but there is a reason this one takes the cake. Why? It has been posted by CSETI, the organization overseen by Dr. Steven Greer. Yes, the same man who organized and promoted the Disclosure Project.

The photograph was supposedly taken in 2009 at the Joshua Tree National Park, California, during a CSETI contact event. Go and check this out, and you tell me. Is this "extraordinary evidence of interstellar, transdimensional technology?"

Comments

February 22, 2010 at 7:05 am
(1) Jamie says:

Wow Billy, that photo is amazing….Amazingly crap.

February 22, 2010 at 9:19 am
(2) Kevin says:

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t trust anything Greer throws out there anymore. He’s totally lost all credibility in my opinion.

But I do have one question. What took so long to release the photo?

February 22, 2010 at 9:26 am
(3) cMEgo says:

Wow, I can’t make anything out? Someone has a wild imagination if they think there’s an ET in that picture.

February 22, 2010 at 9:49 am
(4) David B says:

At last definitive proof of……nothing.

February 22, 2010 at 11:25 am
(5) Arlene says:

I’m agreeing with the responses, so far, here. I looked over the photo (click on it for an enlarged complete version), account, and his analysis and nothing is compelling. With all due respect to Greer, the image appears to be a blob that looks like light that bounced off a nearby Joshua Tree. That rounded blobby form is inherently typical of that particular tree. Nothing in the image appears to be much else (except the chairs).

February 22, 2010 at 11:42 am
(6) SD_StyoneCutter says:

OMG!!!! What compeled people to suspect this photo to be evidence of extra terrestrial life in the first place!!! If you need to analize a picture that much to prove anything, it should be trashed right off the bat.

February 22, 2010 at 12:37 pm
(7) ttriffic02 says:

A bigger crock of crap i have never seen.
Why the need to make some compleatly assinine
picture up? If the hunt for ET is so fruitless
why presue it? (fruitless) there is a joke in there somewhere. That is more credtable than the so called picture

February 22, 2010 at 1:04 pm
(8) earthman says:

Oh dear, another piece of crap. Stuff like that is just futile.

February 22, 2010 at 1:32 pm
(9) Mandizzle says:

It’s like looking at clouds you stare at them long enough and things beging to take shape, but it’s ridiculous place them as evidence of anything but a sound imagination. this pic ranks at the top of my crapometer!!

February 22, 2010 at 3:05 pm
(10) Stever says:

Problem 1: why can you see stars where the “ground” is suppose to be. The measurement pic shows the chairs and their height. The chairs are on the ground….but there are stars all around and under the chairs (ie: where the ground is suppose to be).
Problem 2: the exposure is completely incongruous with the image. ISO 400, F3.5 and hand held (as described in measurement pic)? don’t think so. even IF this were true, the brightest objects (chair, bush, ET) might show up but no way the stars too. since the stars are visbile these brightest areas closest to the camera would be “blown out’ (bright with no detail).
Solution(s): Nice Photoshop techniques…..not!

February 22, 2010 at 3:45 pm
(11) jaspergary says:

i wish i had those minutes back it took to read that and study that picture, if you can call it that.

February 22, 2010 at 5:27 pm
(12) Joanne Bruno says:

First ever photograph of a extraterrestrial? Well… Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised if a real photo of an extraterrestrial (or intrerdimentioal being) looked very strange… I have been collecting alleged photographs of alien entities for years – solely for an historical record, not as evidence of their existence; not one is completely convincing. Most are fakes, especially those posted on the Internet in recent years with little or no information about the source of the photograph. What is troubling about these photos is the claim, “The first ever…” I’m not sure if this claim was actually made with Dr. Greer’s approval. I have to read more. But these are indeed very bizaar images. And I have no idea what to make of them.

February 22, 2010 at 6:56 pm
(13) Harley says:

WHAT are these people smokin ?

February 22, 2010 at 8:42 pm
(14) connie says:

As others have said, the ‘alien’ is too strikingly similar to the shape of the tree. No alien here just a vivid imagination.

February 22, 2010 at 9:58 pm
(15) Steven says:

WTF???? I can’t see anything but crap…

February 23, 2010 at 11:22 am
(16) earthman says:

Kevin, could you let me know why you don’t trust what Greer throws out anymore..I’m listening to an interview of him on ‘Project Camelot’ just now and what I’ve heard seems pretty convincing.. Thanks.

February 23, 2010 at 12:49 pm
(17) psipro12 says:

Stever hit it spot on. Waste of good cyberspace.

February 23, 2010 at 2:08 pm
(18) earthman says:

OK. i finished listening to the interview..I’m not sure that I buy into all he say’s myself..Too many questions need to be answered.

February 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm
(19) Jay says:

Steven Greer is an effing idiot.

February 25, 2010 at 9:01 pm
(20) A HA !! says:

finally a totally blurred and unrecognisable picture of NOTHING !!!!!

February 26, 2010 at 8:08 pm
(21) Lisavona says:

I agree with the crock of crap comment…

These guys from cseti sound like the biggest

bunch of fruit bars ever!

All their pictures are “history making”…

And the so-called alien pic is basically

A blob of light, which when they outlined it,

looked an an ice skating alien! LOL=P

February 26, 2010 at 8:38 pm
(22) Time Traveller says:

I agree. I don’t see anything in that photo. It’s probably one of those 3D photos were you have to stare at it for hours on end until an image appears, lol.

That photo is a waste of space…sorry.

February 28, 2010 at 12:04 pm
(23) Ben says:

I’ve made up my mind – it’s nonsense, it also changes the way I think about Stephen Greer completely. I don’t buy the EXIF data argument either. He says the date gets reset in the camera every time the batteries come out – which is why it’s set at the wrong date on the data – that’s crap – I’m sorry but modern digitals have an internal battery which keeps a note of the date and time even after the power battery has been removed.

A 3.5 second ‘hand held’ exposure – wtf??? even just half a second hand held would lead to monumental ‘blurring’ as our body naturally trembles when holding something (like a camera) – 3.5 seconds is just plain stupid – all you get is blur, blur and more blur – it’s why photographers mount cameras on tripods.

This is just demeaning for everyone involved and once again ruins the credibility of those who try so hard to get to the truth.

Ben

March 1, 2010 at 1:37 pm
(24) Sam B says:

Stephen Greer has never shown me anything but that he is either a kook or a charlatan of the first water. He is not, IMHO, a serious researcher, but rather something of a would-be guru of sorts who espouses meditation and such as a way to contact UFO’s and ET’s.

The few videotapes of his that I have seen contain absolutely nothing that is even remotely convincing – they will just show points of light that could be anything, with Greer or someone claiming that “that’s one” (presumably meaning that the dot of light is an ET spacecraft).

As for the photo, it’s the biggest piece of rubbish I’ve seen in a long time. It looks like nothing more than a very-dimly lit image of a cactus or something – compare the “alien” to the cluster of apparent foliage below it. Anyone who would try to foist that thing off as “the first picture of an extraterrestrial” must think that UFO enthusiasts are nothing but a gullible, naive bunch of fringe elements.

March 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm
(25) NklFrank says:

it’s a couple of tents. I lived in the woods for several years when I was homeless and this is exactly what I saw when I was approaching my camp at night.

March 1, 2010 at 6:02 pm
(26) Kat says:

After seeing many ufo’s, in Tucson Az. Even The Phoenix Lights, same night as in Phoenix, looking west of my back yard in 1997. I always wonder why I can’t seem to find a REAL picture of an alien. Well, somthing has to be flying the craft I have seen. One night, before going to bed, I looked out of my bedroom window, and a BRIGHT lazer like light, was behind a bush like tree on the side of my house. When I focused, and stared for a sec, it went straight up, in the sky, and blinked out, like a star. That light, was on the ground, behind my tree. Around the same time, I was seing many ufo’s, I also saw, two red lights, in a field, next to my house. When I had to walk my new puppy, at 4am. Two red lights, jumped, up, in the field, and hopped next to eachother, then totally blinked out. they were’nt eyes, of animals, with a light shinning on them. they were very tall, and seemed to bounce, very high. then, in an instant, gone. for sure, I have seen very stange lights, in Tucson Az.

March 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm
(27) lgranados says:

Mr Greer is just trying to hard.Our minds do work in mysterious ways.He wasn’t alone.What happens when many people get together sometimes mass hysteria.I can’t see anything but maybe they did at the time.I have a burl wood table that is beautiful and you can see all sorts of pictures in it.Horses ,people burl wood is just beautiful.But what I see the next one can’t always see.Maybe this is the case this time.I even saw a picture of Christ I thought in a piece of french toast no joke saved it for awhile then thought different when people hear of things like that they go crazy.I sure didn’t want people over at my home going all nuts.Maybe or maybe not it wasn’t a good enough picture to show anyway.I really feel he’s lost alot of creditabillty from this.To bad he’s a pretty good investigator.

March 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm
(28) Thelma Bending says:

Up – Down – Sideways – Back – Top Bottom – Front – Left Eye – Right Eye – Squint – (and so forth and so forth)
No matter what I try, I can’t make out anything sensible in the picture. I wonder what Dr. Greer puts in his juice in the mornings. It is so disappointing.

March 1, 2010 at 7:51 pm
(29) YOLKYLIP says:

I have too say Steven Greer is nice as nice can be but I have too agree with lgranados, he is trying way too hard! If this is indeed an extraterrestrial, he should never have let this picture out! I will admit there are probably some strange life forms out there, he should never lead with this one! I myself can’t tell anybody what they look like, can you????

March 1, 2010 at 8:43 pm
(30) joe says:

Thank you for posting it. I tried really really hard but I just can’t make out anything alien-like in the picture.

March 1, 2010 at 9:43 pm
(31) Michele says:

Well, granted I’m not viewing it in HD but I have to say I really don’t see much of anything. Even, if there was something there, I feel the photo (from what I can see) is so bad I almost feel embarrassed for him.

March 1, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(32) Dmobile215 says:

Dr Greer I am sure you can provide a better photo then that that photo looks so strange. I can not really describe it but I really expected better from Dr Greer on this matter. I think we are better off not seeing a photo at all there should have been some clarity on this photo for sure.

I still believe in life on other planets I am not saying this is a fraud but I just really doubt this is what everyone says. I get the CSETI news letter, I reviewed this already a few days ago. I think this should have been put on the back burner for future events. Once something a little better came forward. But who are we to decide on what extraterrestrials look like I have never seen one neither have anyone here online seen anything like this before who knows I have seen a lot of things that are unexplainable so I have no doubt in what goes on out here anymore. I give that photo from 1-10 a 2 Because its from Dr Greer I have the add one more point but the photo is very strange looking.

March 1, 2010 at 11:20 pm
(33) carol says:

Looks strange to me. You would think if an ‘other being’
visited this group we would have a real photo and not just lights and shadows. I could not make out anything and that includes the campers as well. How could they not have a real photo that is defined. This is just smoke and mirrors….really. I have never seen a ufo or alien but I believe they are real. We just have to sift thru the crap to find the nugget of gold. It will happen soon.

March 2, 2010 at 4:58 am
(34) marlenestarr says:

thats it i have now seen it all i am surprised at
you mr booth even printing these daft pictures
i can assure you that they look nothing like the
pictures why do people even take the time and the
trouble to invent such things. I will tell you why
sothat they can be noticed and spoke about. one day
soon they will all appear in some shape or form.
marlene starr

March 2, 2010 at 12:08 pm
(35) Chris Gilnockie says:

Sorry Billy but, try as I might, I can’t make out a bloomin’ thing on this picture.
Dr. Greer must have been into the “malt” the day he took that one. I wonder what he’d say if I sent him a photo of our Ailsa Craig. I know it looks more like a big plum puddin’, but after a few shots of the malt, one could mistake it as a UFO floatin’ in the sea. Good luck to you laddie and keep pluggin’. Chris.

March 3, 2010 at 9:41 am
(36) Scott says:

Nice to have the pics shown, but that’s the problem, nothing much if at all to see.

March 5, 2010 at 12:54 am
(37) von says:

It’s Jesus! We can clearly see the beard!!! Repint!!!

March 5, 2010 at 3:53 pm
(38) someguy,,, says:

wtf? is it just me or was that……….. OMG WAIT! ITS A TREE!

March 15, 2010 at 1:06 am
(39) Montag66 says:

It’s a gigantic “Peyote” button (cactus)…which they were obviously consuming in large doses. Peyote provides the same pschotropic high as L.S.D. and only someone “tripping” would believe this is a photo of an E.T…If anyone believes this crap…please contact me as I would like to sell you some genuwine extraterresterial space iguano from the planet “Ummo”. Place yours orders now before my ship leaves for another crappy planet!

March 21, 2010 at 7:07 am
(40) david Pearce says:

Steven greer is making money off the witness material he gathered from the 2001 period. he knows that to continue to make money he has to be able to sell more. I think he is full of BS, he’s made money from getting a bunch of gullible people to sit in his field whilst he plays strange noises through speakers and meditates. then he will tell you that there is a massive ship above you even though you can’t see it and tell you its invisible. he makes thousands of bucks doing this and selling books and dvds of other peoples testimony. he’s arrogant and an ego maniac and any credibility should die along with this stupid photograph.

March 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm