1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

UFO Photos - Greenville, South Carolina

By March 24, 2010

Greenville, SC Last week, I received two photographs from Greenville, South Carolina. These were two of the best photos I have ever seen of a triangle UFO. They were snapped on March 16, at exactly 8:03 PM. Now, I will admit, I have seen thousands of alleged photos of UFOs, and I have been fooled before.

The man who took the photos told me that he saw a bright, red light coming in the distance. He grabbed his camera because he thought he was going to get some pics of a plane on fire. As the object flew over, he managed to get off two quick shots. He rushed to his backyard after the second photo, but the object was gone into the clouds.

You can see a close up above of the object, but to see the full size, 1600 x 1200 pixel shots, and the camera data, go to Greenville, SC, Triangle Photos. What do you think?

Comments

March 24, 2010 at 3:14 am
(1) Garrett J says:

This is absolutely ridiculous! Why are there crystal clear photos that get posted solely on websites about ufo’s and not on major news networks in the us? I know that sometimes they end up on them but where is the news coverage of these photos and why can’t we have them discussed and analyzed by professionals whom are respected by skeptics. I’m tired of listening to discussions about sightings on websites whose majority of visitors are ufo enthusiasts such as myself!

March 24, 2010 at 9:22 am
(2) furdburfull says:

Hey I know what this is, A Triscut with heavy photoshop
skills. Now be quiet and eat your snacks Billy. Thank you.

March 24, 2010 at 11:20 am
(3) David Gardner says:

Looks exactly like what I saw in 1977.

March 24, 2010 at 11:37 am
(4) 4Truth says:

Standard procedure for digital photo analysis includes getting a copy of the original in “right out of the camera” condition. The photos posted on the UFO Casebook site are not copies of originals. The EXIF data they posted SEPARATELY should be IMBEDDED AND READABLE with commonly available photo editing software.

Also – that EXIF data panel shows these shots were supposedly taken at 1/6 second exposure. JUST TRY taking an unblurred photo in low light conditions at 1/6 second exposure.

The 1/6 second exposure time doesn’t match up with the story reported: the photographer says he took these shots in great haste, yet there is no blurring. Even holding “perfectly still” – there will be blurring of shots taken at 1/6 second.

Just on those two points (there are more), it’s a very good chance these are just another example of digitally altered photos.

March 24, 2010 at 8:30 pm
(5) Scott says:

next generation stealth technology? Could easily be one of ours.

March 24, 2010 at 10:43 pm
(6) 'da Bug says:

I just finished watching “The Fourthd Kind” with my boyz. I was really impressed with the fact that there was no actual image of the ET’s; some “made up” version of that skinny body, large eyes and huge head were never shown. This, to me adds more truth to this story. I also like the end when the audio recordings of people sighting UFO’s were played with a caption of who reported them, where and when. One came on from Toms River, NJ in the late ’80′s. I was listening to the man describe the UFO and kept praying that he would not say the lights were red and green on the ship. He did, though and every hair on my body stood on end. My Aunt had a house in Ocean Gate, NJ and I stayed with her over the summer every year when I was in high school. It’s right across the bridge from Toms River. One summer evening I was walking the dog along the bay and happened to look up. I will never forget what I saw – some type of ship…it was round and flat with red and kelly green lights surrounding it and they were rotating around it. It flew at an angle and at a speed way too fast to be a man made craft. It disappeared behind some houses. I am not into UFO’s at all, but will never ever forget that experience.
By the way, people cannot discuss these things publicly (and that includes the media) without fearing harm to themselves or their families from the government. This is why we never hear about ir.

March 25, 2010 at 12:56 pm
(7) Arlene says:

Billy,
I looked at the two photos (ala your link) and then went into that site’s Forum and read up on what people were saying about it (‘SC Sighting’ under “Recent Sightings” in their Forum topics).

There are quite a few Forum posts from people who have done some impressive analysis on the two photos (and I love that they not only did the analysis but they also shared their various different analysis). The analysis that shows the trajectory of the craft portrayed in the two pictures (in the Forum they share a few different animations of the photos locked by the post (in one) and then locked by the trees on the left (in the other)) and darn it if the thing isn’t flying straight in each. Also, another analysis shows the angles of the two triangles in each photo, overlaid, and the second one is slightly more banked (climbing) which makes logical sense, too. In other words, the image of the craft was not simply cut and paste into one photo from the other.

Nothing can guarantee that these pics aren’t faked (short of having witnessed it myself, too, which I did not) but the analysis of the two photos shared in the Forum, thus far, is compelling.

March 26, 2010 at 11:38 am
(8) AHBotha says:

I find it amazing, when theres so many people, placing a question mark behind photos like these. It appears there are more scared, checking out, the universe, people, than us UFO/Believers. I think its time we workout a % question list which can be filled in by the non believers and then can be returned to us, indicating. TRUE SIGHTING. or FALSE SIGHTING.
Well done with those photos. Don’t stop !

March 27, 2010 at 10:07 am
(9) CJ says:

We are living in a world where seeing is no longer believing – a world where photography can no longer be trusted, due to the ever improving technology that allows us to manipulate and distort digital media.

Even if an image has passed every currently known digital forensics process, there will still be an element of doubt as to its genuineness, because the techniques used in digital forensics are always playing catch-up with the techniques used to doctor images.

March 27, 2010 at 10:28 pm
(10) Scott says:

Right on CJ. I couldn’t agree more. Digital pics aren’t enough for someone to say something exists. You need witnesses these days, and preferable many good qualiy witness (pilots, governors, doctors, scientists, military people). Because everything can be faked these days. So the character of the witness and the quality of the sighting becomes very very important. The good witness, good pic combo is what we would really like.

March 29, 2010 at 7:53 am
(11) ryan says:

i was having a wank when i saw this i thought it was real. thanks billy

March 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm
(12) Herman King says:

These reports are just repetitive postulating..a waste of time.

March 29, 2010 at 2:01 pm
(13) crystal says:

I know I read “somewhere” that triangles with a huge red light on the bottom in the middle were ours. The triangles with 3 to 5 lights across the hind edge are not. The lights across the back ones are totally silent. (I saw one in 1990) I dont know if this kind are silent. I believe it was on a site about triangle ufo’s in Belgium. Sorry I know this isn’t important information. But the pics reminded me of the fact.

March 29, 2010 at 2:39 pm
(14) Sam B says:

It’s an unfortunate paradox that while we clamor for better and more clear photos of UFO’s, when clear pictures do appear the first thing we all say is “Photoshop”.

I think it unlikely that ANY photo will ever be deemed authentic enough to be considered proof that it represents a true ET spacecraft/deep black terrestrial craft. These two photos look very good, and the quality of the image in each of them appears to be consistent with the overall quality of the entire photo. There is an obvious perspective change from the first to the second shot in that in the second shot the position of the camera appears to have moved more toward the front of the porch from which the photos were taken. This would be consistent with the photographer having to move forward to take the second photo as the craft moved closer to the roof line.

The object itself appears slightly different in the two photos, which would tend to indicate that an image was not simply pasted into two shots of open sky. There is an aspect change of the image in that it becomes more elongated as it moves more directly overhead, and this would be expected.

The “flame” under the craft is of some concern since it does not appear consistent between the two photos, and in fact is rather uneven in appearance. In the first photo, the “flame” is resolved into 4 distinct orbs, but in the second it appears to have merged into one rather uneven mass. It would be expected that any exhaust or propulsion emination would be uniform, both within itself and between the two photos (look at photos of jet aircraft on afterburner, for instance). Of course, it is possible that the quality (or lack of same) in the camera could have something to do with that.

I would say that unless and until someone can prove that these photos have been manipulated, they be considered actual photos of an unknown, triangular craft.

March 29, 2010 at 5:02 pm
(15) Chris M says:

Did it make any sound? It looks like it could be a new sleath plane.

March 29, 2010 at 6:25 pm
(16) Fernando says:

To me it looks like a test of a new stealth type, and itīs a very similar with some eventual concept russian types. That lights may be the exauts from vertical landing or take-off or sometingh like that… What do you say?

March 29, 2010 at 7:28 pm
(17) Norma says:

seems to me this is a solid craft ( military ? ) rather than
some mysterious manifestation. I believe it’s military.

March 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm
(18) shanie says:

Very clear pic that’s why u won,t see on main new,s if u did u won;t see it again it well get expland a way.

March 30, 2010 at 3:34 am
(19) Charles says:

Wow, those are some very cool photos…I would love to take a ride on that thing, whatever it is…I don’t think the red/yellow in the center of the thing has anything to do with fire or burning of fuel…if its from another world its not burning fuel to get here, and if its military then its odd that it would be flying around a SC neighborhood, it looks fast too.

March 30, 2010 at 7:50 am
(20) marlenestarr says:

why why oh why are people quick to ridicule other
people of course its from another world the reason why
people do this is because hey are scared or ignorant
especially that choice remark was having a w..k
he needs a lesson in mannars
marlene starr

March 31, 2010 at 11:34 am
(21) edhbb says:

Hey I got some waterfront property in Florida if some one wants to buy some.

September 17, 2010 at 9:24 pm
(22) Tom says:

Only 1 problem, it is dark after 8pm in march, no matter where you live on the east coast

May 16, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(23) Larry says:

David Gardener… funny you should say that, I seen something just like this in 1977 in Port Royal SC