1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

Aliens: Why are They Here?

By January 1, 2012

As we begin a new year, let us consider one of the questions of the ages; if aliens are visiting our planet, what do they want? Many have pondered this enigmatic scenario.

I wrote this article because of an email I received from one of our readers who pointed out that since we are so die-hard on obtaining proof that UFOs are visiting us, why are they here? what do they want?

I offer you some various possibilites as an answer to this question. Check it out at Aliens: Why are They Here; What do They Want?, and be sure to add your comments.

Comments

January 1, 2012 at 10:12 am
(1) cMEgo says:

That’s a very interesting topic Billy. I watch this show on HIstory called Ancient Aliens all the time & I’m getting hooked on it. They’ve covered this topic a few times also. GOLD, OIL, and WATER seem to be the main things they’re after. Of course they have the ability to make a barrel of oil go much further than we do & don’t have to kill or go to war with anyone to get it. People over the years have seen’em flying out of our oceans. If they enter from the middle of the ocean miles & miles away from human contact, they can get all gold, oil, & water they need without ever being spotted.

Happy New Year! :)

January 1, 2012 at 12:54 pm
(2) Larry says:

My thought is—-if these alien civilizations are so far advanced, why do they need any of Earth’s resources? They can probably create them artificially, don’t need them, or use something far superior as their needed resources. If they have the technology to travel the universe, surely they can manufacture whatever they need.

January 1, 2012 at 7:20 pm
(3) Snake says:

Why do we assume “they” are after our resources? That is, IF “they” are here at all. IF “they” are so advanced, why what could “they” possibly want with such an aggressive, blood-thirsty, murdering species such as us? Perhaps “they” aren’t here for us at all. Perhaps “they” live here in our oceans? Perhaps “they” are us in a more evolved form? I don’t suppose we will ever know, unless “they” want us to. Or “they” get tired of us destroying their planet as a virus destroys living organisms. Perhaps “they” will stop the virus that we are so “they” can live.

January 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm
(4) Rev. Dr. Vigeant says:

Possible Explanations:

1) Possibly another race might need to replenish some of their natural resources,
such as:
*Spandex Uni-Tard Jumpsuits*

2) Maybe they simply want to make contact with another planet simply for enslavement/recreational reasons.

3) Possibly their planet is dying and they need to do a trade in or re-fi on their old planet-

These are just a few of the many possibilities.

January 1, 2012 at 10:30 pm
(5) David B says:

Sightings and even abductions have gone on so long I really don’t think there is a sinister motive. I assume they are studying us as we study animals and they might be ignorant of, or not bothered by, the fact that they are possibly causing us harm. We could just be a long term experiment for them.

January 2, 2012 at 1:27 am
(6) SUZIE says:

I too have been watching Ancient Aliens and I was surprised that some if not many theories are the very things I have been believing for many years.

I think we have been visited in the past and we are being checked up on to see if we have evolved to ‘beings” that are worthy of associating with much more mature space people who are not violent, greedy and selfish. Alas we are still “infants” as far as growth and will never be worthy if we stay on this path of destruction that we are traveling on at this time.

January 2, 2012 at 4:18 am
(7) Scott says:

It’s a silly question. If we were in the same position as they are what would we be doing A) Who cares about the intelligent beings we just discovered B) Examine them and learn from them? It’s natural that life would be interested in learning about other life. They may want to help us in the future. There may be things on this earth they need and can use. Common sense stuff. Other than that it’s pure speculation or guesswork. Silly.

January 2, 2012 at 7:53 am
(8) cMEgo says:

Don’t take this personal Scott, but you left one out…

If we were in the same position as them, we’d be using a method to get the resources on this planet that our planet needed without being spotted if possible. Why? Because the people/nations of this earth would shoot us out of the sky to reverse engineer the technology we have.

If you think I’m wrong, simply look at what happen with our stealth helicopter when we crashed it at the Bin Laden compound. One nation came & took it to sell it to another nation. And look at what happen to the unmanned air drone that recently crashed (or got shot out of the sky).

People here have cruel intentions.

January 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm
(9) Rev. Dr. Vigeant says:

To recap:

*Spandex Uni-Tard Jumpsuits!*

;D

January 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm
(10) Scott says:

“If we were in the same position as them, wed be using a method to get the resources on this planet that our planet needed without being spotted if possible.”

I bet you’re right. If they needed something or if we were in the same position as they are we’d try to take what we need without being noticed. But when you have the technology to go anywhere you gain the ability to tap all the resources from all the billions of planets out there. It would be hard to believe that we have something unique on this earth that they couldn’t get elsewhere. The only thing that might be unique is the life on the planet. Oh no what am I saying.

January 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm
(11) Steven Adler says:

First of all . The universe is abundant with resources and if resources were really needed by humanoids from another planet , I seriously doubt that they would travel the galaxy to come here for something readily available closer to home. If they have the technology to travel that far, I’m sure that they would not need our resources. If they wanted our genes then that may be another story. They have been here for some time and I can only hope that they are looking to help humanity save itself from the power struggle between governments and the peoples of the world. Greed is bad and it is the power that is needed to run our world that is the problem. Bring the free energy to the forefront and forgo the need to control and take …………

January 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm
(12) 2012 says:

We are just a pit-stop on their way to Uranus.

January 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm
(13) Christopher says:

I strongly believe the whole ufo phenomenon is demonic, and the reason why they’re here? simple, deception.

January 2, 2012 at 10:29 pm
(14) Meat Wagon says:

I have been studying the UFO phenomenon beginning in 1965. At first, as a teenager, I thought they were nuts and bolts craft and leaned toward the opinion that in many, but not all cases, the occupants were the Adamski / Menger type *space brothers*.

Now, nearly 60 years old, and objectively looking at different opinions, theories, eye witness reports and alleged evidence, I think that Christopher nailed it: DECEPTION.

I have had two experiences with UFOs, with witnesses present, that to this day have no logical explanation. One of these experiences involved communication with *them*. They are there, to be sure, but not what they seem.

January 3, 2012 at 3:03 am
(15) ali says:

I I think the main reason why aliens may be visiting us is
to know whether they are alone just like we do. Secondly, it may not be about blundering our resources , but finding an answer to fundamental
questions of knowledge.

January 3, 2012 at 7:34 am
(16) danler says:

UFOs exist, the proof is undeniable. Thousands of people make reports yearly of strange lights performing impossible maneuvers that traditional earth-bound aircraft, commercial, military, etc; could never accomplish. While most of the world’s governments try to deny the reality of their existence, they blame the sightings on natural aerial phenomenon, the planet Venus, swamp gas, weather balloons or mass hysteria.

There is one ultimate truth that the world is afraid to accept…the reality that we are not alone in the universe, the proof is here, the proof is real, seek out the truth…Aliens the Truth

January 3, 2012 at 10:46 am
(17) swayam prakash mishra says:

as the scientist of our earth make discoveries by sending satellites,rockets,etc to other planet.just like that aliens also might have making discoveries.as our scientists were in search of a good planet,so they were also in search of a good planet.hence,different types of alien come to visit earth in search of a better planet.

January 3, 2012 at 11:38 am
(18) cMEgo says:

Deception? Uhhhh… NO….

They’re after our Budweiser…

January 3, 2012 at 11:52 am
(19) Dinoguy says:

Aliens have been around for many thousands of years, we are probably the hybrid result of genetic experimentation. The universe is estimated to be approx 13.5 billion years old and earth is a mere 4.6 billion years. this leaves almost 9 billion years for life and civilizations to grow, and some probably vanished even before Earth was formed. If you look at some sites like Punka Puma and other megalithic ruins, someone was here long before man suddenly arrived.

January 3, 2012 at 12:19 pm
(20) nested grid says:

The question of aliens on earth has stymied the most rigorous of investigators. And yet the answers they came up with are circumstantial. Evidence is obtained, but who believes the evidence? This question has no answer except no one knows the answer. Research has turned up so many different aspects of this phenomenon that any of a wide-range of answers is possible: time travelers, ghosts or angels, interdimensional beings, and it goes on and on.

It would be nice to have an answer – even a ludicrous one.

January 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm
(21) Scott says:

“Now, nearly 60 years old, and objectively looking at different opinions, theories, eye witness reports and alleged evidence, I think that Christopher nailed it: DECEPTION”"

I heard a couple people mention that the UFOs are deceiving us from something. Can someone please explain that. I’d love to find out what they’re deceiving me of. I hope no one is going to quote bible passages to me.

January 4, 2012 at 9:55 am
(22) Jay says:

They are here for our women.

January 4, 2012 at 4:58 pm
(23) Doug'r says:

Maybe we are cosmic soap opera for them. Or maybe we are the resource they need, disposible workers. 900,000 missing persons a year in the US.

January 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm
(24) Meat Wagon says:

Sorry,Scott. Can’t explain without draggin’ that religion thing into it. Just expressing an opinion.

January 4, 2012 at 8:07 pm
(25) Rev. Dr. Vigeant says:

These gray aliens
DO NOT care about planet Earth or what happens to this planet; i.e., environment, etc. These gray aliens simply do not care. These aliens are here for what they want from us humans, nothing more, and nothing less.

These aliens are NOT studying us.

These aliens are using us.

The gray aliens plans for humans are NOT benevolent, i.e., these beings are evil; i.e., the devil, Satan or Lucifer. And these beings are absolutely disgusting.

Their powers and abilities are much further advanced than anyone gives them credit for; i.e., like magic.

There is no Hollywood movie that comes close to depicting what their powers and abilities are and what these beings are capable of.

These beings have absolutely incredible patience; i.e., like vultures circling for the kill. They will go to great lengths to accomplish the task at hand and nothing, and let me emphasize, nothing will stand in their way.

These beings live nearly 500 years so time is on their side. We humans think in terms of decades or generations while these beings think in terms of centuries and millenniums.

January 5, 2012 at 6:22 am
(26) shirley says:

Rev. This ‘I know’ statement if written to be believed should have been well on the way to officialdom. There is no answer to why people have contact with the otherworldly no matter how diverse they are described because the answer is ‘Silence’…… complete and utter ‘Silence’ we just do not know what we are apart of at all…yet. Be assured of though that we all are watched over.

January 6, 2012 at 11:30 am
(27) KevinM says:

I agree with Meat Wagon. The great deceiver!

January 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm
(28) Scott says:

seriously, a grey just stopped me the other day and said take me to your leader………………… the king of beers. Lucky for me I had some Bud in the frig.

January 8, 2012 at 1:36 pm
(29) 4Truth&Justice says:

1. Consider what it would take for humans to obtain the unlimited supply of methane on Saturn’s moon, Titan. Or suppose we discovered a mile-wide astroid made of solid gold. Currently, there is NO known way to obtain such vast resources. So what makes it possible for “aliens” to consider hauling any of Earth’s resources over light years to their own planet? Finally: there’s NO evidence at all of any kind of “mining” or unexplained extraction of any Earth resource.

2. Aliens would have taken over our planet long ago if they in fact wanted to take it away from us (by conquest or extermination).

3. Stories of alien abduction show the pattern of “fad beliefs” better than they do factual accounts of any kind. Yet – physics does not preclude or deny time travel or some kind of crossover from a parallel universe. It would make sense that human or other intelligent species from the future would want to study their ancient past. We would certainly do so if it were possible: go back and find out more about dinosaurs and what actually caused their extinction, for example. Or – go back to follow the evolution of our own species.

January 9, 2012 at 8:48 pm
(30) SEAW says:

Dear Billy,
Thank you for your excellent posts. On the question of why the aliens should take a morbid interest in us, even carrying out abductions. There is a growing realization that the ‘aliens’ are not extraterrestrial but transdimensional. This is not a fashionable belief, I know. But it is one possibility that should not be dismissed out of hand just because we have been conditioned by the scifi culture of our times. Jacque Vallee and other prominent researchers in the field are also of the opinion that these are spiritual beings – with hints of demonic origins. hence the continual deception and cloaking of their true purposes.

January 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm
(31) Linda says:

I believe there have been many visits & viewing us, as in Love tears, having such emotional love we give to children. Also I think they might matr diffrtently. I sure know this they are so much more advanced than us. This is of course my oponion. Hope we will discover whee exacty they come from & why can’t we go & view other planets

January 10, 2012 at 12:00 am
(32) YOLKYLIP says:

To start with, It is interesting to note that they ( ET ) only started to be noticed more and more on or around the time the A-Bomb was developed and tested.

It is hard for those of us that know without a doubt ET exists, we can’t really come forward for fear of ridicule and being called crazy, and what sucks is our government knows millions of people have indeed actually had contact. There are partial answers out there published in books by psychiatrists and others such as John Mack, David Jacobs, Budd Hopkins and others, gleaned from actual abduction accounts.

As far as the minerals here, I think they could collect minerals from other planets without being shot at. Linda, Scott, and Jay are on to something with their answers, we seem to resemble these beings according to the accounts from abductee’s. We are so similar except for a few things such as we have smaller cranium, smaller eyes, five fingers and toes, but the most notable was they have NO GENITALS!

Isn’t it reasonable to think, without genitals one cannot reproduce? Maybe they have to be produced from a test tube?! Maybe they have no idea what love in an affectionate way means! Maybe they could have evolved so far they are unable to reproduce through sex the way humans do?! Jay could be right, they need our women to be used as incubators and only long enough to evolve to be able to breed their own species without our help. A hybrid species, human & grey mix.

Maybe the government doesn’t care about the abductions so long as they get the marvelous technology they seek! This subject is way too deep to answer with just a few lines! Seek out the books and read, and don’t be too quick to ridicule someone with a story of an abduction or that seems kind of hard to believe, because it just might be TRUE!

January 10, 2012 at 12:44 am
(33) Invasion of the B.S. says:

Suppose for a moment that you are a descendant of yourself a thousand years from now. Suppose you had the opportunity to travel back to the distant past, perhaps to the beginning of the technological era that allowed the development of time travel. Suppose you had to stay confined in an enclosed vehicle and refrain from any contact with the past for fear of altering something.

That would be the ultimate tourist package for the 31st Century. Witness the past as it happened in real time! Or, it could be a way of escaping from some terrible situation in the future. In either case, what a trip that would be.

January 10, 2012 at 7:31 pm
(34) Argus says:

I think there must be a shortage of cow’s anus’ where they come from because they seem to be mining them here.

I think there must be a directive that all alien species leave us alone until we mature, but some of them just can’t help themselves, so some help and some hinder.

I personally belong in the Sitchin camp and believe that beings that look like us created us, and they will return. They may be the ones the created the directive “hands off”, they belong to us.

January 10, 2012 at 10:10 pm
(35) Jon Henry says:

Have a feeling Aliens don’t have facial features. That’s what Aliens want. Aliens want to reproduce like people. Not sure how Aliens can do that, with-out ‘equipment’. Sex and Love are two different things. Maybe they are trying to figure out the combination? I’m Brain Injured, don’t know if I’m thinking right or not? Sorta makes sence? Aliens maybe got a way to deal with pollution? Clean-up this planet, all get along with no conflict? Fanitisy? Hope there’s hope. Sinecerly, Jon Henry

January 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm
(36) Robert says:

Now that we have the power of the sun at our disposal they are monitoring us just as we Americans monitor up and coming nuclear countrys on our own planet. If we had a war like planet near us that discovered this technology, we would keep a very close eye on them for our own safety and security. This is most likely the reason they are here.

January 18, 2012 at 3:44 pm
(37) Hans says:

This is extremely complex and nuanced subject and I have never bought into the Occam’s Razor thesis which is accepted as gospel. There are many possible sources for these beings which include interstellar, time travelers, trans-dimensionals or the possibility that some are indigenous to planet Earth itself. I served in military intelligence and know a bit about dis-information, psy-ops and the like. Never trust what the federal government tells you and never ever trust so called information from these beings! The great deception is coming and most humans will buy into it. Yes, I tend to be paranoid about this but please remember that even paranoids have enemies! I believe in Christ’s teachings in Matthew 24 and I am fully aware of wolves in sheep’s clothing! This is my story and I’m sticking to it! God Bless!

January 20, 2012 at 7:07 pm
(38) Chaz says:

Hi, backing the comments from Rev. Dr. Vigeant regarding the fact that our interests are not theirs; I reckon that we are cattle for them with the gov being the dealer. Also to note our average age – i.e why pick and train any human for any future task when in comparison to their life span we only have a short life – it would be the same if we were to train a May Beetle to varry out future tasks when it only lives 24 hours!

March 4, 2012 at 10:34 pm
(39) Ben says:

I believe that aliens exist and are here mingling with our species. I believe that there are more then one species of aliens visiting us as well. I think that if they wanted our planet we would have already been extinguished.
Maybe some are good and some are bad. Maybe we will find out soon. I hope that some like us and will want to help us solve our problems. We can only hope as hope will get us to tomorrow.

October 18, 2012 at 3:12 pm
(40) MARK says:

I have proof they have been here!!!
Picture shown me by Dr Clifton Spendlove Phd. physics and Lt. General from 1955 to 1976

January 4, 2013 at 9:28 pm
(41) melissa says:

I have done my own bit of study of ancient history. The samerians, the Aztecs, the Incas, egyptions, etc….all, follow a similar path of peliefs, their Gods came fro. The sky. The year: 12-21-21 was only an end to a calander, it was an unlocking of a key, to be precise. A key that unlocked bad things to come. I know, it’s f’ing freaky. It freaked me out too and made me wonder if i was crazy despite the thi ngs I read about.
In the year 2013, a war is foretold, a new world government.
Despite all, aleins, elongated heads, ufo’s, have been seen through hundred of years.
Personally, I wouldn’t mind meeting a few, even though it would scare the …. out of me.
Children, young children are so innocent. A deformed human could approach them, gently talk to them and the child’s feet can easily be forgotten. But grown ups, I.n our own misguided society with movies and bloodshed, we would fear before reason set in. It would for me, even if I am curious, I would still fear. So it’s sad to say, why would they want to meet any of us when the fear is so deeply rooted? They fear us just as much as we fear them. Movies of Hollywood, sci fi..has made it so.