1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

Are UFOs Visiting West Texas?

By November 28, 2012

A recent news report covered the claims of a man from the Permian Basin in west Texas. He asserts that he has proof that UFOs are visiting his area.

His report, along with video, was carried on NewsWest 9. The man, who remains anonymous at this time, is a member of the Laredo Paranormal Research Society. He made this statement:

"The facts are above our skies in the Permian Basin. We are seeing the lights, we are seeing stars, we are seeing crafts. My belief is that they're transporting something or someone, and depending on how in depth you would like to open Pandora's box, we're thinking of course, they're aliens."

See what you think about the man's claims at Possible UFOs over The Permian Basin with Video, and offer your comments.

Comments

November 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm
(1) Arlene says:

Billy,
I give these UFO hunters an A for enthusiasm and an A for using high tech to record what they’re seeing (and I hope they know what they’re doing because being able to operate it doesn’t mean you know what you’re seeing).

The alleged witness asserts that the “crafts” he’s recorded are “transporting” things and are operated by “aliens” and that because as he observes the crafts they appear to fade and then disappear it means that these craft come and go via “portals”. His quote? “Seeing is believing”.

Ugh.

He’s simply witnessing odd aerial phenomenon. Recording something in high tech doesn’t make it anything out of the ordinary UNTIL we have defensible, peer reviewed (by scientists) study findings based on verifiable data, and findings that can be replicated by peer scientists (or field researchers of credibility). The fact is that what he’s seeing MAY be any number of very Earthly things not least of which: new not-yet-made-public Air Force technology (as there are many Air Force bases in Texas (especially West Texas)). So, seeing isn’t believing (although it is compelling and I hope spurs actual scientific study).

And it’s interesting times! NASA/JPL has admitted this week that Mars rover Curiosity has found something that “…is going to be one for the history books. It’s looking really good.” Mars mission scientist, John Grotzinger said about the finding. Until Monday when they plan to announce the finding NASA/JPL is not saying what Curiosity found. It could be microbial proof of Mars life: the first actual verifiable scientific proof of alien life – no less!

For the info on the pending finding’s public disclosure see:

November 29, 2012 at 5:49 am
(2) shirley says:

I had never seen UFO Hunters before.. until this week I came across series 3 dvds. It does relate to the Texas ranchers who have lost cattle due to unexplained mutilations and these ranchers are close to military bases. Also UFOs in the area could be military aircraft so that has to be considered. However the mutilation is horrific and what has done this remains a mystery elsewhere in the world also.
Everyone waits for the Curiosity Mars rover ‘historic finding’ why say it if it is not. Premature statements should not come out as there is always those who will ridicule without understanding.

November 29, 2012 at 11:36 am
(3) KevinM says:

That statement may have been taken out of context. From what I’ve read and understand they didn’t air anything on that interview except that statement.

November 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm
(4) Arlene says:

Shirley and KevinM,
Here here! I spoke too soon.

NASA/JPL has backed off their team member’s earlier enthusiastic comments about the finding by Curiosity and in fact, as you both said, it appears that the find was incorrectly over-stated. I saw in today’s paper that they’re now claiming Curiosity found “nothing” (so, not evidence of microbial life).

Mea culpa.

I’ll still be reading, Billy, and thanks!

December 3, 2012 at 5:10 pm
(5) Sam B says:

The gentleman from west Texas is no doubt sincere and well-meaning, but he is making a huge assumptive leap that has no empirical basis. Unidentified lights become “crafts” that may be transporting “something or someone”, and on this basis he concludes that the presumptive craft are alien in origin, and are utilizing “portals”.

If one wants to see lights in the night sky that appear and then vanish, all one has to do is to obtain orbital data for Iridium satellites, then watch for them at the appropriate times. Iridium satellites comprise a network which relays data from satellite phones and other such devices, and the satellites carry external solar panels and antenna which reflect sunlight like mirrors. Due to the angles of the solar panels and antennae on the exteriors of the satellites and the orientations of the satellites themselves, they cause predictable “flares” at specific times and locations which makes them seem to appear and then vanish. If one doesn’t know what one is seeing, one could easily believe that they were watching “craft” entering and leaving “portals”.

Just google “Iridium satellite” for more info.

December 4, 2012 at 2:36 am
(6) marlene starr says:

WHY ON EARTH DO YOU NEVER BELIVE PEOPLE? perhaps all you people are really ALIENS put here for a purpose of ridicule.

December 4, 2012 at 10:23 am
(7) strubabe says:

Like God you can never make someone believe. They either do or don’t. And that is ok. As long as they don’t call believers liars or try to demean them in some way.

I never believed before I saw something un identifiable. You could say I thought I knew more than everyone else cause I did not have proof. I still have no proof but what I saw.

And I believe and I am always looking, cause once you see something you can’t explain and loads of people makes jokes about it, it doesn’t change my mind.

December 9, 2012 at 9:38 pm
(8) john says:

Texas is a hotspot for UFO’s. Tens of thousands of people report them every year. they cant all be lying!