1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

French UFO Files Released

By March 22, 2007

The photograph you see comes from a French UFO case. As promised, the French government has released the first batch of UFO files to the general public. I have not been able to access the files themselves, as the server has been overloaded since the announcement came today. Hopefully, after a certain amount of hype wears off, I can look through them, and see what we really have. Although there have been other countries who have released information on certain cases, and at times a batch of files here and there, this is the first blanket release of files. Right now, we have about 400 case files, of an approximate 1,600 total. This covers about 50 years of information. Most of the files are UFO sightings as reported to Police officers. The names of the individuals are being withheld for privacy reasons.

Jacques Patenet, head of the UFO group CNES, had this to say about the release:

"It's a world first," Patenet said. "It's true that in the United States you can ask for information on a case-by-case basis. But we have done the opposite by putting all the information at the disposition of the public."

You can access the files at The CNES Geipan site, but don't get upset if you cannot access the site for a time. The effect of what additional information of importance these will add to the study of UFOs is yet to be determined. Possibly more on this breaking news report later when the dust clears

Comments

March 28, 2007 at 12:28 am
(1) Debie says:

I was finally able to access the French page, but, unfortunately, I don’t speak or read French! When/where will it be available in English, sie vous ples?

March 29, 2007 at 7:47 am
(2) Terry says:

I came across these articles. I found them to be very informative. After reading and what I have observed there seems to be more prevalence of sightings in the northern hemisphere than in the southern. I wonder if I am wrong or if it is so, then why?

June 2, 2011 at 9:29 am
(3) Andy says:

Perhaps it has to do with climate? In the southern hemisphere, where it is tropical, there are less flattened areas such as desert, farms, and grasslands. More of the overgrowth exists in hotter regions. It seems that more sightings happen where areas of vast, flatter expanses are more prevalent.

April 5, 2007 at 4:45 am
(4) Eoin says:

Nooooop, u guys are losers

April 6, 2007 at 11:30 am
(5) Love Krittaya says:

Are there no videoclips or photos in this website?!?!?

April 9, 2007 at 12:45 pm
(6) josie says:

Yeah being able to speak or read french would’ve really helped me when looking at the site. I think I could make out a few words like “documentation” lol.

April 13, 2007 at 1:58 pm
(7) john says:

dude, come on… this is fake, everything is fake!!!

April 13, 2007 at 1:59 pm
(8) steven says:

i agree with the other kid “john”, this is really gay and u cant tell if its realy, and besides i cant read french so wtf do u guys even have this on here for?!? u are retards who made this website :P

April 13, 2007 at 2:00 pm
(9) Alan says:

i agree with both of yall, they some dikes that made this lol

April 13, 2007 at 2:02 pm
(10) hasdfg says:

losers

April 15, 2007 at 1:01 am
(11) Just seen something odd in the sky says:

Tonight on April 14, 2007. I just seen a weird unknown object in the sky. Very large, Very orange, With a redlight spinning around on it. I went to get binoculars to get a better look, And U can see a big redlight on it. I wasnt the only witness. And I must say it was weird, That object jus slowly cruised across the sky, and faded away.

April 21, 2007 at 12:55 pm
(12) spanner says:
January 22, 2008 at 3:58 pm
(13) Chef says:

Type the url into google search. The results will bring up the french website with the option of having it translated for you.
And to the “losers” calling others the like, learn how to type before you go about calling people stupid and retards. Sup dog?

March 14, 2008 at 4:54 pm
(14) laura says:

Having sighted a UFO myself (!) in Paris that my friends STILL say is lens flare I wanted to see photos here and I thought that I had seen them at one point. So I’m back but I don’t see the photos – did they take them offline, do you know?

August 20, 2009 at 4:46 pm
(15) The One says:

UFO’s are not real. Anyone believing there are UFO’s or aliens are stupid. The earth is the only planet in the entire universe which has life. Are you kidding me !

October 5, 2009 at 3:27 am
(16) Terrence says:

The people who don’t buy this are in denial — and in reality overload because their little bitty brains can only absorb a very small amount of information. They freak out over anything beyond a very limited threshold. Open up your eyes and look at the entire universe. We’re not the only apple on all the trees in all the orchards of the world…

October 10, 2009 at 2:24 pm
(17) smith says:

It’s interesting how so many people refuse to believe it even when the evidence is right there in front of their face.
These people leaving “thats gay” “ur loosers” type of comments are so stupid that they could probably get abducted into a spaceship, meet aliens face to face and still say it’s fake.
Our planet in the universe is smaller than a grain of sand in the dessert. It’s just plain ignorant to believe that we are the only planet with life on it.

October 19, 2009 at 11:01 pm
(18) ken says:

ohhhhhhh here we go again…why is it I can and have taken several clear shots of commercial airlines while taxing to and fro airports and they are crystal clear images, on garbage camera phones, iphones and the like. I can be in my backyard, and use a Canon L series telephoto lens and see the Southwest Logo Clearly on commerical airlines going by above me, and print all these out and they are CRYSTAL CLEAR, so any educated person, would say, “why is it nearly ALL the photos of saucers, all the videos, all of them, are always blurry, muffled and joggled images?”

The only thing in outer space is noble gases and carbon compounds. Not little green men, not technology millions of years more advanced then are own, that we could possibly never come close to even coming to a miniscule understanding of advanced ET technology, not saucers that are invisible to our eye because they are traveling so fast around our world, its foolish, its crazy and what one can’t understand or think to reason, becomes radical, and that is what all these UFO people are, wackos, even some of the astronauts, complete wackjobs.

November 10, 2009 at 4:59 pm
(19) mick says:

lots of weird stuff goin on in the uk atm… mainly orange lights sightings… interesting none-the-less.
could be a case for Mulder and Scully :)
Keep watching the skies… oh and all u little haters can suck it ! petty minded stuff retards.

November 25, 2009 at 4:31 pm
(20) josh says:

Look a little familiar…

March 30, 2010 at 8:27 am
(21) melanie and elizabeth says:

Melanie: OMG this is like so cool my mamaw has seen one of those but, no in france!!!!!!
Elizabeth: One day my cousin’s boyfriend had seen a ufo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 16, 2010 at 11:17 pm
(22) Woah says:

There are so many grammatical errors on these negative comments if the poster told me an alien finger banged his dead cat in his back yard I would believe him.

July 26, 2010 at 4:14 am
(23) halfhead says:

Are any of the UFO subjects based on being on any hallucinogenic substances? For example, DMT (DiMethylTriptamine, Psilocybin, Ayahuasca(Oral DMT) Etc…

A high number of Psychedelic experiences documented by several Doctors and scientists of the sort, one being Dr Rick Strassman in his book “DMT – The Spirit Molecule” DMT, Psilocybin or Ayahuasca users often have experiences of an “Alien” or a “Grey”, taken by aliens into UFOs and had odd things done to them. Like, counting of bones, removal of organs and replaced with “crystals” or “stones”. “Sacred stones” according to amazonian, African, Australian Shamans.

Would be great to know that the french dont dismiss the fact that people using plant hallucinogens also have these encounters with an “other”, and this dates back to 35,000 years on rock art in Pech Merle. So i really hope you dont dismiss it.

November 29, 2010 at 12:22 pm
(24) Spectre says:

People, you really need to learn to use the translate feature built into your search engines.

January 3, 2014 at 2:58 pm
(25) riz says:

Link not available, can you update?