1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

UFO Crash at Needles, California

By August 6, 2008

Well known UFO investigator and enthusiast George Knapp has released details of a possible UFO crash near the town of Needles, California. Supposedly occurring on May 14, of this year, several eyewitnesses described a fiery object descending to the ground south of Las Vegas, Nevada, and a subsequent crash retrieval with helicopters hooking up to the unknown object, and flying it away to an unknown location for further study.

The case is very interesting for several reasons. KTOX radio station owner David Hayes saw a group of vehicles with government plates leave a main thoroughfare, and head into a remote area, obviously to investigate the crash site, and clean up any debris. One of the men he saw in one of the vehicles, was later parked in front of the KTOX station.

Also, a man who lived in a houseboat on a river saw the crash of the object not far from the river, and a helicopter with a large hook extract the object, and fly away. Hopefully, more information will be forthcoming on this compelling story.

See more complete details on this case at UFO Crash at Needles.

Be sure to leave your comments on this case.

Comments

August 6, 2008 at 9:32 am
(1) Kevin says:

Well with the rise in sightings lately it definately increases the chances that one or two are going to come down… So maybe there will be others? It sure seems to me that although they certainly are much more advanced than we are, one thing seems very obvious… they haven’t perfected the traveling part!

August 6, 2008 at 9:49 am
(2) Eraser says:

Kevin, I hear what you’re saying, but don’t forget that our military actively tries to disable alien craft through whatever means they are able including high energy radar, weapons, HAARP (possibly), and EMPs. Assuming this was an alien craft (big assumption as it could be any number of things from a meteor to a military craft to a re-entry of a piece of orbiting equipment of military value) and based upon the speed of the recovery operation from the time of the impact, one has no choice but to assume the object was being tracked long before impact. Why would an object be tracked? Well, each item I listed as well as a true UFO would be tracked under national security guidelines and its trajectory tracked with resources on standby. There is no way any object crashed, was reported, made it to the top brass (decision makers) and a recovery operation planned and executed in less than an hour. Can’t happen.

Billy, although this is a very interesting story and I personally believe it to be true, we do not have nearly enough information to speculate what the object was. As Kevin said, with the increase of reported visitors in the last several months, there is a good chance this is what we all hope it to be (well, we hope they’re here.. do we hope they’re crashing? maybe not so much).

Anything you can post to illustrate the volume of sightings year over year might be very telling!

August 9, 2008 at 5:26 pm
(3) Kevin says:

Eraser, that’s assuming the government isn’t actively involved with the ET’s as many UFOlogist suggest. If so, maybe they aren’t bringing them down on purpose. Even if they are trying to bring them down, my point still stands when you consider the evidence of downed UFO’s before we even had the technology.
From what I understand our radar is real problem for them and supposedly a new radar installation near Roswell is what brought that one down. But some say there is evidence that their ships were crashing even before Roswell. I guess what I’m saying is it doesn’t appear that they have it all figured out… at least not yet!

August 11, 2008 at 7:16 pm
(4) carol says:

I can’t wait for the day that one of these crashes happens in a city or town(I don’t wish anyone to get hurt) just to have it be so close to civilization that they can’t hide it because hundreds of people with cameras walk right up to the crash and start filming. How are they going to explain that away. But until then and as long as it happens where they can sweep the evidense under the preverbial rug we will be kept in the dark.

August 14, 2008 at 7:13 pm
(5) splinx says:

news on the needles crash…

August 14, 2008 at 10:21 pm
(6) forest sills says:

Tommorow (august 14th 2008) i am giving a interview to george knapp in needles. i travel to lake havasu once a week on buisness and i have seen these governemnt vehicles traveling the highway just south of las vegas. these suv’s and vans are completley black. some have liscence plates and some do not. these vehicles pass state troopers at high rates of speed and the troopers dont look twice. what are these vehicles and who are the people in them? if there is anyone out there who have seen these vehicles please feel free to give me a call anytime.
702-501-7337
my name is forest sills

August 15, 2008 at 6:33 am
(7) Fayble says:

I saw this object the night in question. I was driving north on hwy 85 from San Jose when I saw a teal glowing object moving southeast, i watched this strange bluish light fly over my car and after that sorry to say, eyes back on the road… I was hoping it would be something cool, and then I came home and looked on youtube, and sure shit, over the course of a few days, the Needles CA news clip appeared. I have no doubt in my mind this is the same object I saw.

August 19, 2008 at 3:21 pm
(8) Bagbane says:

I read Mr Knapp’s book on the Skinwalker ranch. I wouldn’t trust him to tell me that the sky was blue and the grass was green. If he is invoulved with this crash then it probably was nothing more than a test plane from earth.

August 29, 2008 at 2:23 pm
(9) Sam B says:

Any time an incident like this occurs my antennae come out. Obviously something crashed, and obviously the military were very interested in getting all the pieces back. But unfortunately that does not automatically equate this to a recovery of a crashed ET craft.

The military always has a lot of covert stuff going on – you can bet that agencies like DARPA have projects that are 10 or 20 years ahead of what we know exist right now. This could easily have been a very black experimental orbital or sub-orbital vehicle. I guarantee you that if something of that nature crashed, the military would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Stories and accounts will always abound, but at the end of the day it’s going to be difficult to prove conclusively just what DID go down that night.

October 9, 2008 at 5:28 pm
(10) Scott Reiboldt says:

THE NEEDLES UFO IS A HOAX, I WAS THERE AND IT NEVER HAPPENED, ANYONE WHO WANTS TO READ EMAILS BETWEEN ME AND GEORGE KNAPP JUST ASK scottreiboldt@yahoo.com
he is afraid of the truth,

October 9, 2008 at 5:30 pm
(11) Scott Reiboldt says:

needles ufo is a hoax!! for emails between me and george knapp just ask, i want only to expose this hoax, i was there
scottreiboldt@yahoo.com

October 18, 2008 at 3:03 pm
(12) Scott Reiboldt says:

GEORGE KNAPP HOAXED NEEDLES UFO CRASH AND BLACK OPPS REPORT, IN MY OPINION GEORGE KNAPP WAS INVOLVE WITH THE LOCAL RADIO SHOW HOST AND EMPLOYEE IN THE HOAX OF REPORTED CRASH, I WAS THERE, EXACTLY WHERE THE UFO WAS SAID TO HAVE CRASHED, I WAS THERE, EXACTLY WHERE 5 HELICOPTERS WERE SAID TO HAVE RETREIVED THE UFO, IT DID NOT HAPPEN!!! ITS A HOAX, PR STUNT, scottreiboldt@yahoo.com
SCOTT REIBOLDT, NEEDLES CA

January 2, 2009 at 11:17 am
(13) Mr. Hansen from Denmark/Scandinavia says:

“and a subsequent crash retrieval with helicopters hooking up to the unknown object, and flying it away to an unknown location for further study”.
“FOR FURTHER STUDY”?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys need to learn to stick with the FACTS!!! How do you know that they were going to STUDY it??? Well, you DON’T!!!
They might just as well be bringing it back to where it was build, so it could be maintained.. But we don’t know that! Right?!
And YES, I am a UFO-enthusiast my self. Even over here in Scandinavia we have things in the sky that nobody can explain. Me, my family and my friends have seen enough things by now. (Man made or not! Well, we just don’t know yet! ..Right! ;-)
But one thing is for sure!! ANYONE who has been in the military knows, that assumption is the mother of all f**kups !
So PLEASE guys, stick with what you KNOW. And let your fantasy stay in your mind!
Mr. Hansen from Denmark

February 5, 2009 at 5:52 pm
(14) lizzardking says:

Probably a large UAV from Groom Lake, or an errant cruise missile.

February 19, 2009 at 10:40 am
(15) dmw says:

Sorry to say, this was debris and was tracked.Space debris or orbital debris rain on us all the time,also called space junk and space waste, are the objects in orbit around Earth created by humans, that no longer serve any useful purpose. They consist of everything from entire spent rocket stages and defunct satellites to explosion fragments, paint flakes, dust, and slag from solid rocket motors, coolant released by RORSAT nuclear powered satellites, deliberate insertion of small needles, and other small particles. On 27 of March, 2007, wreckage from a Russian spy satellite passed dangerously close to a Lan Chile (LAN Airlines) Airbus A340, which was travelling between Santiago, Chile, and Auckland, New Zealand carrying 270 passengers, reentering over the Pacific Ocean which is considered among the safest places in the world to bring down satellites due to its unpopulated vastness.The worst uncontrolled reentry in history occurred in July 1979, when Skylab, America’s abandoned, 78-ton space station came down earlier than planned, raining debris across the Australian outback.Space “junk” has become a growing concern in recent years, since collisions at orbital velocities can be highly damaging to functioning satellites,the earth, and can also produce even more space debris in the process, called Kessler Syndrome. Some spacecraft, like the International Space Station, are now armored to mitigate damage with this hazard.
Astronauts on space-walks are also vulnerable.
In the first collision of its kind, on 11 February 2009, the deactivated Kosmos-2251 spacecraft collided with the operational Iridium 33 satellite, resulting in the destruction of both spacecraft. The collision scattered considerable debris, which posed an elevated risk to space craft.
DMW

February 19, 2009 at 1:34 pm
(16) greg p says:

from the timeline and reaction i. e. military helos and MIB I would guess it might well be a deorbited piece of russian hardware. Remember the recent crash of two sattelites. Sattelite trash is constantly falling out of the sky. The blue light is odd, to my knowledge only cobalt salts burn blue, xtra weird is the part about it still glowing post retrieval.

February 19, 2009 at 2:43 pm
(17) MJ says:

I lived in Needles/Mohave Valley and out in Ward Valley (22 miles west of Needles) for 4 years. While there I saw 2 meteors that looked exactly like what is described here. I have also talked to other residents of Needles and the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe; none have heard of this stuff about the military etc.

February 19, 2009 at 6:33 pm
(18) Kannan says:

Why does it always make frequent visit to US? The Indians, chinese, Japanese or koreans never come up with any sightings. How many Governments can hide these facts and for how long? Atleast why not one close photo or video. We always just see a dot in the video nothing more than that.

February 24, 2009 at 12:31 am
(19) Gina Clark says:

I find it very hard to believe that ET’s would fly millions of light years, have that kind of technology then just crash. This is more likely a case of a military crash.

February 25, 2009 at 10:49 am
(20) Sgt Bravo says:

It’s really simple. From everything put out it probably breaks down like this:
Errant missile or UAV hits in desert.
Military was monitoring and then dispatched to pick it up.
As George Knapp found out later the guys in black are the Nuclear transport guys, so the item possessed a nuclear element. (warhead? Power source?)

March 3, 2009 at 1:32 pm
(21) Collin says:

I belive that all this is the goverment

March 8, 2009 at 12:29 am
(22) Lynda says:

I know Dave personally, and I know he would never broadcast anything false or stupid. I believe UFOs have been visiting us for hundreds of years. If you look at some of the “God” figures of the Native Americans, how can you not think they saw beings in space suits? My husband saw a UFO in the PHoenix area when he was 7 years old, and we make frequent trips to Phoenix, and have both seen unexplainable lights near Wickenburg,Az frequently. I am convined the Govt. is covering up something big.

September 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm
(23) sandrar says:

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. :) Cheers! Sandra. R.

September 21, 2009 at 2:21 pm
(24) kim kardahians sex tape with ray j says:

Sign: pxyvz Hello!!! ybfyu and 707eazcuygvph and 9242 My Comments: Cool!

October 2, 2009 at 8:05 pm
(25) herb says:

House boat Bob viewed the Needles crash and I am 99 percent certain he was interviewed by aliens of the Nordic Stock. Anyone wish to contact me regarding this issue?

November 1, 2009 at 1:47 am
(26) Dont Trip says:

This was real! Not sure of what it was or who they were that came but The fact are the facts. I work 5 miles from the crash site saw the trucks helicopters and all the truck are normal to us as they come from new mexico to vegas alot more then you know very protected I saw the Black trucks all over town that night It happened while i was working it crashed over the river in some brush to the guy who has been to that exact spot not to be mean but I call BS as it is very hard to get to even with a boat and knowing the exact spot is unreal for you to know as they had it gone within hours if that. being from needles you mught be a bit strung out get some sleep collect some facts and then call it a hoax! It was not a HOAX But sounds more like a test engine or something the gov is working on I strongly disagree with ET’S but saw it so have to think something

November 10, 2009 at 2:42 pm
(27) enthusiast says:

I like all of ur comments, but get this. If at some point the U.S. or some other country retrieved some form of alien technology, we would immediately attempt to duplicate it, regardless of the risks. For example, if we could duplicate the maneuverability of even a fraction of these ufo sightings, we could destroy an entire fleet with one ship. All airplanes have to bank to turn, these ufo’s turn on a dime. could u imagine if iraq could duplicate this. youd be looking at global devestation….. and thats with just one ship!! curious?

January 7, 2010 at 7:39 pm
(28) Kevin Chinnery says:

Iraq?Are you serious?Maybe you mean iran.The US,China or Russia imo are the only countries with the resources to even try to replicate a ufo,and i dont trust any of those governments when it comes to world domination.

July 28, 2010 at 2:50 pm
(29) Mr. Mac says:

The black vehicles you’ve seen are Border Patrol

July 2, 2011 at 9:45 am
(30) Ace says:

When I was a child of 7 years old on a hot summer night I recall my sister point out a very bright light in the weastern sky.There were many people out and we all stopped and watched this object for quite some time. about 3-5 minutes after being pointed out by my sister it slowly seperated into 2 parts and manuvered indepenendantly for about the same amount of time . It then came back together and departed to the South/southwest very quickly. I have never seen anything like that again in my life.
In this case near Needles I did see early in the evening , a streak of luminecent “vapor trail ” for lack of a better term, it was not like a “Contrail” as it was not straight , but followed a general course from NE to SW going over the Black Mountains towards Needles. The oddest thing was the color it was a greenish agua color that I have never seen before, we get lots of wild sunsets here that are full of color , but this was not a sunset or anything like the colors I have seen in one.
When I heard of this UFO “crash” near the River I went over to that area and was warned off by Men in a government vehicle.
I don’t know WHAT happened for sure nor will I speculate WHAT may have “crashed” but SOMETHING did happen…