1. News & Issues

Billy Booth

UFOs Videotaped over El Paso, Texas

By October 17, 2010

On the heels of reports of UFOs over China, Air Force personnel reporting on UFOs near nuclear facilities, UFOs over Manhattan, and more, here is another report that will be discussed all over the Net.

A cameraman for the El Paso Channel 9 News has recorded UFOs moving over the eastern part of the Texas city. You will see one, then two, then three, and ultimately four.

Check out the video at UFOs Videotaped over El Paso, and let us know what you think. Does the formation made by the four objects reminder you of anything?

Comments

October 17, 2010 at 11:44 am
(1) ufos says:

An impressive video for sure, and I know what they resemble. I won’t spoil it for the other comments

October 17, 2010 at 2:49 pm
(2) jtl333 says:

hmmm this one is a little hard to explain. i guess they could be skydivers if they had jet packs.

October 17, 2010 at 3:02 pm
(3) hamiljd says:

I saw an object (only one) in the sky in Northeast El Paso the morning of October 16 (Saturday). This item appeared to be a white ball, and was moving in a random pattern; and appeared to be searching for something, speeding up and slowing down in a tight pattern. It was hard to determine how high it was because I could not determine it’s size, but I’m sure it was at least 10,000 ft in altitude. This was not a winged aircraft and it was not a helicopter. It moved too quickly for a dirigible as those are operated in the local area by Homeland Security. I looked down momentarily, and when I looked back up, it was gone. This object was in full daylight, probably around 10 am. I did not leave a tail like those shown in the channel 9 video.

October 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm
(4) earthman says:

AW UFOS C’MON…LETS HEAR IT…I DON’T CARE IF YOU SPOIL THE FUN….

October 17, 2010 at 4:21 pm
(5) captwes says:

what confuses me is why the chanel 9 reporter didn’t ask for a news chopper to investigate. They would have had better cameras on board and have been closer. Like the sighting over nyc a reporter stood around and pointed but no news chopper was sent up. I guess you have to have someone die on the highway before the will send a chopper

October 17, 2010 at 11:57 pm
(6) A.B says:

I mean I would not want to get to close to something like that if I do not know its capibilities. I mean a news chopper would not be safe in that case with know weapons or missiles.

October 18, 2010 at 1:22 am
(7) cristal says:

if they wanted to do us harm, they could without making theirselves known. if they can travel here, they can pretty much do what they want to us. we cant even make it past a planet or two. i do however think that they are getting bolder in their traveling here so it is only a matter of time before confirmed contact. once again i strongly doubt they will do us harm. just some good : )

October 18, 2010 at 11:38 am
(8) Janet says:

On this weekend, the Amigo Airsho (yes, no w), took place at Biggs Army airfield. Skydivers use magnesium flares when practicing at night!

October 18, 2010 at 1:32 pm
(9) Brock says:

Military Flares.

October 18, 2010 at 2:22 pm
(10) Kevin says:

No this one isn’t flairs. I would have said a meteor breaking up but it didn’t burn out like a meteor would. And the side by side comparison with Manhattan make this very interesting. I’m not sure but I would like to see the radar data for those areas.

October 19, 2010 at 3:50 am
(11) Erik Brock says:

You must work for the Military Janet…

October 19, 2010 at 1:02 pm
(12) 2012 says:

Thousands of people disappear without a trace every year. Mutilated Cattle and abduct-es with horrifying memories of experimental surgery.
As Stephen Hawkins alluded to the notion that Aliens are our friends, mean us no harm and here to save the World could be a big mistake.

October 19, 2010 at 3:19 pm
(13) shirley says:

They look like fibre optic balls dont they.

October 20, 2010 at 1:07 am
(14) Greg says:

The recent sightings over New York and El Paso are interesting because of several factors.

I’m first of all glad that About.com has a venue for UFOs and that’s a real bonus to the surfing curious out here on the web. It helps to quell the misinformation and disinformation.

Anyhow, mass sightings of UFOs bring with them a wealth of different viewpoints and researchers and our military and police can rapidly get to the bottom of a sighting to make sure it’s not an air space hazard nor someone in distress.

With the advent of cell phone cameras we can get multiple points of view of these events and that’s a major plus.

In these two cases balloons don’t fit the bill. In El Paso it’s said the lights were due to military exercises etc.., however for over half a century we’ve been given far too many bogus explanations from the authorities that don’t wash. It’s wise to lean toward the prosaic answers but not to be so gullible as to accept every official answer dished out too.

October 21, 2010 at 9:53 am
(15) Matt says:

On Oct 15 at 7:25 pm me and my dad saw exactly the same thing in fayetteville nc.

October 22, 2010 at 10:04 pm
(16) terry the censor says:

For everyone who hasn’t seen all the relevant EL Paso links:

El Paso Times announcements about Golden Knights coming to town October 16-17
Report and video of October 15 practice jumps

KTSM followup: An Out of this World Sight

The US Army Golden Knights parachute team confirms they created the El Paso sighting. See the second comment on their blog post:
Your Questions About Night Jumps Answered!!

Here’s a recent tweet where the GK confirm they’re not aliens

Here’s footage of some of their night jumps, which are identical in character to the Channel 9 footage.

(Night jump starts at the 3:19 mark)

November 4, 2010 at 1:16 pm
(17) Gayle says:

The October 15, 2010, UFO sighting over the City of El Paso, Texas has alternately been explained away as being a weather balloon, the Golden Knights skydivers practicing for the weekend air show, magnesium flares attached to parachutes or, my personal favorite, an optical illusion created by two commercial planes. Take your pick. You have plenty of nonsense from which to choose.

What is rarely reported is that, as these objects hovered over the City of El Paso, home to Fort Bliss, the largest military base in the United States, at least three fighter jets, possibly F-16s, were scrambled and seen heading from east to west on a direct intercept course with these objects. I think it is safe to assume that if these objects had, in fact, simply been a weather balloon, the Golden Knights, magnesium flares, or optical illusions, our military would not have deployed several $14 million fighter jets. At least, let’s hope not.

Living near Fort Bliss, the residents of El Paso are quite familiar with military aircraft. We have an annual air show, and we have seen the Golden Knights on numerous occasions. In addition, this so-called “weather balloon” was seen both in the afternoon and in the evening of the same day, by which time it should have been long gone from the area. I won’t even respond to the “optical illusion” because it is so ridiculous. My point being that we know when there is something unusual in our air space, and on October 15, that is exactly what was seen and reported.

November 30, 2010 at 4:58 pm
(18) ObiouslyNot says:

It is a meteor breaking up.

December 5, 2010 at 7:00 am
(19) tony says:

its not a meateor cuz its stops in mid air and yes i know tht this is unfimiliar i live in ep it scared me so i went inside and styed close to my pellet gun

February 21, 2011 at 12:25 am
(20) cat says:

people lets get real… there is life out there and here is the proof.

May 18, 2011 at 7:48 pm
(21) Get Rid Of Stretchmarks says:

I love your template! Was it free?

November 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm
(22) Ricardo says:

Today I saw several withe dots on the sky on the north, probably on Franklyn mountain and there were several airplanes look like they were flaying high; I was trying to recorder with my cell phone camera but I do not know if is possible to see it.